Windows 10: Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error

Discus and support Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]So, what is more frustrating, going to the shower and realizing that there is no soap or getting error messages every time you try to play a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 23, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error

Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error Unable-to-initialize-SteamAPI.jpg
    So, what is more frustrating, going to the shower and realizing that there is no soap or getting error messages every time you try to play a game. If you are a gamer, I am pretty sure your answer will be the latter. Lucky for you Unable to initialize SteamAPI is a solvable error. The following is […]

This article Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 23, 2022
  2. ARAMP1 Win User

Unable to Initialize Disk

Thanks for the suggestions...

I was able to figure it out after A LOT of google searching.

First had to see what virtualdisks were listed then remove them.

Get-VirtualDisk

Remove-VirtualDisk -FriendlyName <name>

Then get and remove the storage pool

Get-StoragePool -FriendlyName "name"

Remove-StoragePool

After that, I was able to initialize like it was a new disk.

ARAMP1, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    how to fix error 805306367

Hello Piotr,

There are a few reasons why SFC was unable to fix some of the corrupted files on your system. For us to narrow it down, kindly answer the questions listed below:

• When you run SFC, are you connected to the internet?
    • Are there any other troubleshooting steps that you have performed?

We suggest that you run SFC again, but this time kindly run DISM as well. For a simple guide on how to perform these, you can check these articles:

SFC
    and
    DISM

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Apr 23, 2022
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error - Similar Threads - Fix Unable initialize

2. Fix Unable to initialize the Graphics system error on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unable to initialize the Graphics system error on PC: [IMG]Many gamers have encountered the frustrating issue of the game failing to initialize the Graphics system. This article’ll delve into common reasons behind this problem and find simple yet effective solutions to get you back on the board and win through levels in no time....
  3. How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??: I had my pc for a year now and have been upgrading it a little by and decided to get new ram and once I put it I get the error I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED. After that I turn off pc and put old ram in and get the same thing. Now I don’t know how to fix this?? My pc is 5800x3d,...
  4. I01 Initialization error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I01 Initialization error: I read a previous post on the I01 Initialization error when starting my HP laptop, so I tried the commands they suggested. However, I received this message and was not sure how to proceed. I am not the most technical person so I will not be offended by the most thorough...
  5. Internal HDD unable to initialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD unable to initialized: It seems that one of my RAM was faulty and when it couldn't access one of my HDD. Afterwards I decided to shut down and take the RAM out and now that HDD is faulty. It doesn't appear on This PC anymore but it does appear on Disk Management. In the Disk Management it is listed...
  6. Unable to Initialize Disk

Unable to Initialize Disk: I have a 4TB harddrive. I was using it in a storage pool with another 4TB harddrive. I've moved the disks around and no longer want them in a pool. Unfortunately, one of the 4TB drives shows up as the old 8TB pool in Disk Management. I'm unable to initialize, format or delete...
  7. SSD not initialized and unable to initialize

SSD not initialized and unable to initialize: I have 3 disks on my desktop : 1 M.2 disk boot disk , 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD drive . Everything was working well until yesterday i was unable to access some files on the SSD drive . After restarting the computer the SSD drive doesn't appeared anymore . In disk management...
  8. Unable to initialize external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to initialize external hard drive: Hi, I was using an external hard drive on my PS4 however it just randomly stopped working after well over a years use. I plugged it into my PC but i could not see it. When i open disk management and do a disk scan i can then see it appear in the disk management section...
  9. Fix initial accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix initial accounts: I just bought a new computer and was eager to get it working. I screwed up the initial setup of the accounts. I linked my hotmail account to the administrator account, and set up a pin for the admin account. I want to put the hotmail account on my everyday limited account...
  10. unable to initialize device PRN

unable to initialize device PRN: Hi- I am beginner and was trying to follow a tutorial using the command line on Windows 10. Started well, but now I am stumped when I use the print function. I keep getting the message "unable to initialize device PRN" and none of the discussions threads on the web...