Windows 10: Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Not able to click anything on your Windows 10 Taskbar? No worries! This guide will help you fix an unclickable Taskbar in Windows 10. Some Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 29, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10

Not able to click anything on your Windows 10 Taskbar? No worries! This guide will help you fix an unclickable Taskbar in Windows 10. Some Windows 10 users face taskbar issues like taskbar freezes, taskbar stops working, Cortona taskbar not working, taskbar buttons not working, etc. One of these issues also includes not being able to click anything on the taskbar. As the Taskbar is an important feature that enables users to quickly launch apps, getting rid of the unclickable taskbar problem is necessary. In this article, I am going to mention methods to fix an unclickable taskbar on Windows 10.

Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Fix Unclickable Taskbar in Windows 10

Here are the different ways to resolve the can’t click on taskbar error:

1. Restart File Explorer
    2. Re-register Taskbar using PowerShell
    3. Run Windows 10 Troubleshooters
    4. Run DISM to Restore System Health
    5. Check Graphics Drivers
    6. Perform System Restore
    7. Create a New User Account.
    Can’t click on Taskbar

1] Restart File Explorer

You can reset the taskbar and get rid of the issue by restarting the Explorer. Follow below steps to do so:

• Start Task Manager by clicking the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination.
    • Now, go to the Processes tab and locate Windows Explorer in it.
    • Select Windows Explorer and then press the Restart button.

This will restart Windows explorer and your taskbar will fade and then appear again in a few seconds. Try to click on the taskbar now and see if the problem is gone.

Read: Windows Taskbar icons or buttons not working.

2] Re-register Taskbar using PowerShell

Incompatibility issues with new apps can also make the taskbar unclickable. Hence, you can try fixing the issue by re-registering the taskbar using the below steps:

First, press Windows + X hotkey and click on the Windows Powershell (admin) option from the popup menu. In the Powershell, type and enter the following command:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

When the command is executed, reboot the PC and see if you can click on the taskbar now.

3] Run Windows 10 Troubleshooters

To quickly find and resolve problems with your PC including an unclickable taskbar, you can run Windows 10 troubleshooter. Run the following commands:

To open the System Maintenance troubleshooter:

%systemroot%\system32\msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic

To open the Performance troubleshooter:

%systemroot%\system32\msdt.exe -id PerformanceDiagnostic

After the troubleshooting is completed, restart Windows 10 and check if you are able to click on the taskbar.

4] Run DISM to Restore System Health

DISM tool is basically used to restore the good health of your PC. You can use it to fix the unclickable taskbar issue on Windows 10.

Simply open Command Prompt with admin rights and then enter the below command in it:

dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

When the command is processed, restart the PC and check if the taskbar is working properly and you are able to click on it.

5] Check Graphics Drivers

If you continue getting the unclickable taskbar issue, check your display drivers. Faulty or outdated graphics drivers may cause your taskbar to stop working and become unclickable.

Hence, fix your drivers or update Graphics drivers and then check if the issue is resolved.

6] Perform System Restore

If no other solution works for you, restore your system to the point when it was all well and good. You can perform a system restore using the following steps:

• Open Run app (Windows +R) and enter rstrui in it to open up System Restore wizard.
    • Now, select the recommended restore point or a different one to which you think your taskbar was working fine.
    • Select a date and time and press the Next and Finish button to run the system restore process.

Complete the process by following the on-screen guide and after that, your taskbar should become clickable.

7] Change or Create a New User Account

Some system files being corrupted or missing can be a reason that you can’t click on the taskbar, So, another trick that you can use to fix an unclickable taskbar is to switch the User Account. Check with another user account if the taskbar is clickable in it. You can also create a new user account and use it to resolve the problem.

Hope this helps.

RELATED: Taskbar not working, unresponsive, not loading or frozen.

This article Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 29, 2021
  2. Josh_Lam Win User

Powershell and Taskbar unclickable

Hello, I recently have my taskbar unclickable and I've tried various ways to fix it, (such as refreshing windows explorer, restarting PC) It fixed once after restarting but after I shutdown the problem arises again. Everything is unclickable except my applications
    on the taskbar and the Hidden Icons tab. I tried to use the powershell method but powershell opens and appears on taskbar but doesn't appear on screen.

Josh_Lam, May 29, 2021
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    NdMk2o1o, May 29, 2021
  4. Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10

Why the ''Start, taskbar...'s'' button is unclickable (TASKBAR COLOR)

Good morning,

I have been looking online to find the way to personalize my Surface 3 (colors, background, etc.).

The only problem is when I get to to change the color of my taskbar. The lists of steps that I need to follow bring me to Settings - Personalization - Colors and finally to ''Show accent color on the following surface'' where normally I would need to click
    on ''Start, taskbar, action center'', but turn out the button does'nt work...

Why the Start, taskbar...'s button is grey and unclickable ?

Why I am not able to change the color of my taskbar Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10 :(

mayadelagree, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Unclickable Taskbar

2. Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.: So I think there are like, layers to my issues? First of all, my taskbar is unclickable, I can't search anything, I can click icons and use the sound mixer /up arrow and stuff, but that's it. Second of all, I'm in a temporary account. I've had these issues for 7 months and...
  3. Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.: So I think there are like, layers to my issues? First of all, my taskbar is unclickable, I can't search anything, I can click icons and use the sound mixer /up arrow and stuff, but that's it. Second of all, I'm in a temporary account. I've had these issues for 7 months and...
  4. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  5. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  6. Taskbar programs unclickable

7. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...: After alt-tabbing in a video gamevalorant, I found myself not being able to click anything to the application I tabbed to.in this case it was google chrome I could switch tabs through my taskbar, but couldn’t click anything on the tab. I shut down my computer and re-opened...
  8. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...: After alt-tabbing in a video gamevalorant, I found myself not being able to click anything to the application I tabbed to.in this case it was google chrome I could switch tabs through my taskbar, but couldn’t click anything on the tab. I shut down my computer and re-opened...
  9. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Taskbar can’t right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar can’t right click: I cant right click on my taskbar open speakers wifi or notifacation center how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-cant-right-click/831d39e3-4554-469b-9561-b7fa01a823b9