Windows 10: Fix Unknown USB Device error message on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Unknown USB Device error message on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We all use a number of USB Devices every day. From plugging in our phones for charging to using our Pen Drives, we are making the use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 13, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Unknown USB Device error message on Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 13, 2019

2. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

Yup check all the info I just gave
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...equest-failed-windows-10.242937/#post-3822966

By the way @HUSKIE what Error Code and Code Number are you getting?

eidairaman1, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Unknown USB Device

Thanks for the response but there was not a problem. It was because of me being stupid. I had too much clutter around my PC and I had connected my external drive and thought It was my external storage device. I found out that my some USB connections did
    not work on my old laptop. That is why I received the "Unknown device message." Sorry and thank you for the quick response.

richardsantucci, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Unknown USB Device

Hi,

The error message Device Descriptor Request Failed Drive error may possibly occur when USB device was not recognized due to unstable or corrupt USB controllers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If you're trying to connect a USB device, have you tried connecting it to another computer and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run USB troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link. This will automatically diagnose USB problems and will provide you a remedy.

Additionally, we also recommend that you follow the steps in this article
    on how to troubleshoot your USB device which was not recognized.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix Unknown USB Device error message on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Unknown USB

2. unknown usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown usb device: unknown usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-usb-device/98b3560d-7dd4-4b49-9156-f074adc42492
  3. Unknown USB Device Error 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Error 43: I've been playing around 6 years with my xbox 360 wireless receiver https://www.amazon.com.mx/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-accessories/dp/B000HZFCT2 on my pc but some days ago i received on my pc the message "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" when i...
  4. Unknown USB Device Error 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Error 43: I've been playing around 6 years with my xbox 360 wireless receiver https://www.amazon.com.mx/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-accessories/dp/B000HZFCT2 on my pc but some days ago i received on my pc the message "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" when i...
  5. Unknown USB Device error constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device error constantly: My USB flash drive started giving me errors today on both my computers and I was able to fix all but one of them. "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43. The USB set address request failed." I tried updating my BIOS, uninstalling all...
  6. Unknown USB Device error constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device error constantly: My USB flash drive started giving me errors today on both my computers and I was able to fix all but one of them. "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43. The USB set address request failed." I tried updating my BIOS, uninstalling all...
  7. Fix Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post lists the possible solutions to fix the Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10. When you connect your USB device to the Windows computer, it first installs the required driver and then displays the USB device in Windows...
  8. Fix Unknown USB Device, Port Reset Failed error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unknown USB Device, Port Reset Failed error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post lists the possible solutions to fix the Unknown USB Device, Port Reset Failed error on Windows 11/10. When this error occurs, Windows does not recognize the USB device. You can view this error message in the Device Manager under the Universal Serial Bus...
  9. unknown usb device on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unknown usb device on windows 10: it keep on telling me my device is not regonised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unknown-usb-device-on-windows-10/c6f5b134-20c3-4c7e-aa25-21efe7d3543a
  10. "Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Unknown USB Device" error message - how to identify device?: I just got this error message. I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any have gone bad. So, to do trouble-shooting,Is there any way to enumerate USB logical ports and the devices that are attached? I haven't added any new USB devices, and I don't think any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. message usb not recognized windows 10 every second