Windows 10: FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

Discus and support FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've searched through the web and I found this great tool that fixed the blurry text that I had after changing my scale to 125% in Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HazemZidane, Jul 31, 2015.

1. FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

I've searched through the web and I found this great tool that fixed the blurry text that I had after changing my scale to 125% in Windows 10.

FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows! [​IMG]

Simply download the file from the following page, run it and and choose the Windows 8.1 DPI scaling option and the required scaling level and then restart your computer/laptop.

Tool website: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer

Direct link to the tool: http://www.xpexplorer.com/installers...10_DPI_FIX.exe

Have a great day *Smile

:)

HazemZidane, Jul 31, 2015
  2. idzbark Win User

Fonts in Windows 10 blurry

This is an old thread and two years passed and I do not see that Microsoft is paying any attention to these complaints on blurry text of Windows 10. After these two years I am still seeing these blurry text fonts on Windows 10, whether looking at laptops
    at BestBuy or trying myself installing Windows 10. These blurry text fonts make Windows 10 unusable to me as it seems is the case for many other users who are paying attention to system text quality. Each time I hope Microsoft fixed these issues with Windows
    10 I need to revert to Windows 8.1 in order to make laptops usable.

Looking at forums I have not seen any solution to blurry text in Windows 10. At BestBuy stores I see typical laptops still blurry. Only very high end with high resolution laptops to not exhibit this problem, perhaps because this text quality issue gets hidden
    by very high resolution. So the only laptops I have seen with usable text quality are those extremely expensive, not the typical 1366x758 laptops. Typical laptops have good text quality with Windows 8.1 but blurry system fonts, such as primary system menus
    in Windows 10.

Is this a premeditated conspiracy to force people to buy very expensive laptops?

idzbark, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Xuxanikki Win User
    Windows 10 blurry monitor

How do I fix my HD monitor blurry text?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization]

Xuxanikki, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

Excellent!! *Smile *Biggrin

I have already discovered it a few minutes ago, I have applied it on my system and it has resolved the blurry text problem I was facing!

Here are a few screenshots after the application of this utility:

On the second screenshot you can see part of the Event Viewer window magnified at 400%. It looks GREAT!! *Smile

From the site of this utility I have also learnt that the scaling of the text was functioning flawlessly even until Windows 8.1!! I come from Windows 7 Home Premium - never used 8 or 8.1 - and I was under the impression that Win 7 was the last OS in which text displayed sharply on High DPI monitors. It is a big disappointment to discover that Microsoft has messed this up SO badly in Windows 10.

Now, the only other thing I am eagerly expecting is someone to update or create a utility which will enable Group Policy on Windows 10 Home. Something like this. I have tried it - because I want to remove OneDrive completely- but even though it installs and runs, OneDrive does not appear on the list.

Thank you *Smile

Joanne, Aug 1, 2015
  5. mkdr Win User
    As much as I would love to have a fix for this problem (had to go back to 100% for now), I never would use a exe for this which also needs to be run every windows restart.

mkdr, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Probe Win User
    I would NOT use a third party software to correct this. It even looks tacky. Has to be a driver issue I think. I am having this problem now, but will NOT use additional software to "fix" it. Anyone else having problems with some windows showing up blurry?

Probe, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Joanne Win User
    Well, whatever it suits you, people *Smile

I do not have any problem in using it, for days now.
    The problem that I was facing is described in the link I give on my post #2, above. In my case it was not a driver issue. Unfortunately it is the way Microsoft implemented the scaling on Windows 10, or something like that - in my post the problem is described well, and also "why there will be no solution" is described equally well *Wink

So, if you have the problem I was facing this little program is your best bet. What I sincerely and honestly can NOT understand is WHY Microsoft has not implemented a similar to this little program's functionality? Why? Was it SO difficult for them to add an option, which would work as this program works, so an option to bring Win 8.1 clarity back? At least for certain monitors and IF the user would wish so?! Is that really so difficult?!

Anyway,
    No worries for me *Smile

Joanne, Aug 5, 2015
  8. FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

Using it for days, until microsoft release an update to fix this problem is much better for me than having a blurry fonts and windows!
    I posted it here to help the people who are suffering from this problem, I did not force you to use it, its up to you!!

HazemZidane, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Probe Win User
    Windows 10 has the fix for this, simply click on Settings> Display> "Change the size of texts, apps and other items".
    Move the slider to the left for 100% setting, not 125%.

Probe, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Probe Win User
    I don't disagree. I used to be able to leave change my DPI settings to 125% and the text was still crystal clear in Windows 95 to 8.1. It has to be a driver issue. They dont have everyone's drivers created yet apparently.

Probe, Aug 9, 2015
  11. EShirou Win User
    Don't use this if you don't like exe starting with your system, taking resources, etc. also it might be unsafe. I found this a while ago somewhere via google, but it said to put this into autostart, sadly it doesn't work with autostart if you don't sign out after you login and the login again (and sometimes it doesn't work at all).

After you apply your desired font size in windows settings (like 125% dpi, I use this with 125%) > Open notepad, paste this into it:

Code: REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v DpiScalingVer /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00001018 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Win8DpiScaling /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000078 /f[/quote] then save it as <yourname>.cmd somewhere on your HDD > open local ground policy editor (gpedit.msc from search bar) > In user config (im translating this from my language so there might be little translation differences) > go to Windows Settings > Scripts (login/logout) > In the window on the right double click on Login to open it (because we want this to be applied every time you login) > in Scripts tab, select Add > then in new window select Browser > navigate to where you saved your cmd file and select it > then just press Ok > Apply > Ok > Then sign out/reboot your pc > Login to your account for the first time after adding this script so it will be applied > then if it will not work, Sign out/reboot again and from now on it should work every time (works for me).

I noticed that fonts are much more crystal clear everywhere now, it seems MS messed up badly with dpi in windows 10... In some places font is only 5~10% blurry (right mouse click menu, display settings etc.) while in others (device manager for example) is 100% blurry. After this I have crystal clear fonts everywhere :3

This is not a driver issue... it's issue with how dpi is made, Windows 8.1 has this issue as well to some degree if you don't use the old dpi scaling but apply dpi scaling separately to your monitors, then for example lauch steam after that, it will be all zoomed in and blurry as hell. I don't even know where did it came to you about driver, especially that if you google a lot of people having blurry fonts on dpi higher than 100% and are looking for fix.

Another BS... 100% is default, if we would be comfortable with size of the font to our eyes at 100% we wouldn't be changing DPI wouldn't we? 100% is too small to read.

I wouldn't as well, I don't like this method, so i searched, finally found this script above somewhere, I'm sad there is so little options, mostly this software comes up everywhere :/ I found this script on forum in a single post in a thread with a lot of replies... that's why I decided to post it here since it's the 1st thing that comes up with google -_-

EShirou, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Dch48 Win User
    If your text is blurry just run the cleartype wizard and pick all the examples that look the best. That should fix it. It did for me.

Dch48, Aug 9, 2015
  13. FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

@EShirou is right and I rep'd him for it. Although @Probe is trying to help, he is giving incorrect information. Too add to the weirdness that windows does for dpi scaling and anti-aliasing, there is one other issue. Some of the icons, system messages, etc have been updated to look better (vector images is my guess) for 2k and 4k (high dpi) displays. While others are still the same from Vista.... Look at the icons difference when in 'settings" vs"control panel."

EShirou

dadragon2k3, Aug 9, 2015
  14. Probe Win User
    I tried that wizard, didn't help. Only some windows look blurry, especially, say for instance the Comodo widget and Comodo screen when you "open" it. (Not to pick on Comodo, I am just using them as an example, there are quite a few other software windows that do this). The text from my browser, (CyberFox), notepad etc. is crystal sharp. It's just mainly other windows from additional software. Even Tbird email program is crystal clear. I just don't get it unless its a driver issue, since Windows 10 wants to run the driver show.

@dadragon2k3
    Agreed, "Settings" does look crystal sharp where "Control Panel" is blurry. Wish this would get straightened out, maybe in an upcoming update? Changing DPI from 100 to a large type of 125 always worked in Win 95 to 8.1, but not Windows 10.

Probe, Aug 11, 2015
  15. Thanks EShirou for the valuable info. The only thing I'm not sure of, does it go to:

1. Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Scripts (Startup/Shutdown) or
    2. User Configuration / Windows Settings / Scripts (Logon/Logoff)?

From your post probably 2, but best to be 100% sure of this for anyone that might use it.

AmigaRoots, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

1. FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows! - Similar Threads - FIX Blurry Text

2. Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10: Microsoft released a new update to the Beta and Release Preview channels of its Windows 10 Insiders program that fix several issues affecting some users of the company's operating system. Most updates are pushed to Insider channels first to give them another round of testing...
  3. windows 10 Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 Blurry text: Five years later, it is still there. management console blurry [img] [img] Blurry text I noticed that the edit bar of this website is also blurred [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - What has Microsoft been up to in the past five years? 164766
  4. Blurry text fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry text fix?: I have two monitors and this issue had started over the past few weeks. Whenever my mouse isn't on screen, that screen goes really blurry, when I move my mouse back over, the text corrects and goes clear again. Any ideas? submitted by /u/happyshelgob [link] [comments]...
  5. Text on Windows 10 is blurry and Fuzzy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text on Windows 10 is blurry and Fuzzy: When I am using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge text is very blurry and fuzzy. But when I switch to Google Chrome the text looks beautiful. Why it happen on Microsoft Edge....
  6. How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens: I have plugged a second screen into my laptop and now the text is blurry but only on the second screen. The laptop screen is at 125% The second monitor is 100% Having played around with all the display settings I still cannot get it to come right :( Note, issue did not...
  7. blurry text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry text windows 10: I have had fuzzy blurry text since I changed my gpu I have reinstalled clean windows tried cleartype text make everything bigger option custom scaling reinstalled gpu driver uninstalled from device manager still no help even Microsoft support does not help they just say its...
  8. Blurry GUI/Text (Fix does not fix!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry GUI/Text (Fix does not fix!): Hi guys. I got a brand new laptop and updated to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Windows makes me hate windows 10. There were issues like monitor brightness and sound. But now both are fixed after updating the drivers, i guess. Now here is the main problem. I have laptop...
  9. Blurry text in applications on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text in applications on windows 10: Hi i am running windows 10 professional on my dell inspiron 5521, everything seems to be woring fine except for the fact that some applications show slight blurry text and this is only in applications and not on desktop text or other rext such a MS Word, i do not know if it...
  10. Windows 10 Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Blurry Text: So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems...