Windows 10: FIX Windows 10 displaying email address instead of username in lockscreen

Discus and support FIX Windows 10 displaying email address instead of username in lockscreen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; 1. Open regedit Windows Key+R and type in regedit 2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities\your... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MihaiEVO, Apr 29, 2020.

1. MihaiEVO Win User

FIX Windows 10 displaying email address instead of username in lockscreen

1. Open regedit Windows Key+R and type in regedit

2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities\your email\userid - a long id with long numbers

3. Create a new string Right Click>New>String Value

4. Name it DisplayName.

5. Right Click on the string and click Edit.

6. Write your desired username in the Value box.

7. Save and restart your computer.

8. Log in and then disconnect.

9. Log in again.

Now it should display your desired username correctly. I don't know why this bug keeps showing up even in 2020, this one happened to me as I installed a cumulative update to Windows and got me into OOBE. I discovered the fix after checking the registry for missing values after checking another laptop that didn't have any problem. I noticed that the DisplayName string was missing and I added it. I hope it worked for you guys too.

:)

MihaiEVO, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Lisa Ohio Win User

Windows 10 Pro login using Username instead of Microsoft Email

How? I thought that I did that but, when I try to log into the new Admin account it asks me for an email address instead of the username. I must have missed a step or something. could you please tell me how, step by step?

Many Thanks

Lisa Ohio, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Changing my Windows 10 email address

Here's how:

• Go to Settings > Accounts
    • Click "Sign in with a local account instead" and complete the steps
    • Go back to Settings and click "Sign in With a Microsoft Account" and use your new email address instead.
    --

Or if you have purchases on that account that you want to keep (games, movies, whatever), an alternative is to simply go to https://account.microsoft.com/profile and choose "manage how you sign-in to Microsoft". There you can simply add your new email address
    as an alternative username (and you can login to Microsoft using any in that list, they're all the "same account" at that point).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 29, 2020
  4. FIX Windows 10 displaying email address instead of username in lockscreen

Mail for Windows 10 (Desktop and Mobile) does not support manual POP3/IMAP config with username different from email address

I'm trying to set up Mail for Windows 10 (both on a desktop upgrade from Microsoft, and via Windows 10 Mobile insider preview, so not a preview-only issue/question).

I have a POP3/IMAP account which does not support auto-configuration and which does not use the email address as the username - i.e. I need to provide both an email address, and a different username to log into the POP3/SMTP server with. In effect, I want
    to specify options similar to this (similar to the Advanced set-up option):

• Account name: My personal email account
    • Your name: Joe Bloggs
    • email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    • Incoming email server: mail.provider.com
    • Account type: POP3 or IMAP
    • Username: joebloggs
      • (note, examples provided were: "kevinc, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, domain\kevinc" suggesting username and email address are interchangeable in Mail)
    • Password: noneOfYourBusiness
    • Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.provider.com
    • Outgoing server requires authentication: Yes
    • Use the same username and password for sending email: Yes
    • Require SSL for incoming email: Yes
    • Require SSL for outgoing email: Yes

The option in bold above is not present in Mail for Windows 10 (either on RTM desktop, or current Windows 10 Mobile preview). If I use the 'Advanced set-up' options and populate the Username field with my correct username (joebloggs) it will download the
    email correctly but when I try sending emails, the says the sending address is 'joebloggs' - which is not even an email address. There is nowhere even to specify the email address - other than in the 'Username' field.

Is there any known work around? Is this a known bug? Is it planned to be fixed?

I can't believe I'm the only person who has encountered this, and I really hope Microsoft are planning a update to Mail to allow the email address and username to be provided separately. On desktop I can easily use a different Mail app, but on Windows 10
    Mobile you can't. As a long standing Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7, 7.5, 7.8, 8 and 8.1 user, I'd hate to be forced to an other mobile OS just because of short-sightedness in Microsoft's mail app!

DavidHearn, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

FIX Windows 10 displaying email address instead of username in lockscreen

1. FIX Windows 10 displaying email address instead of username in lockscreen - Similar Threads - FIX displaying email

2. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address: Fix my email address * Moved from Community Center* Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-is-removed-for-privacy-fix-my-email/b64d8682-6984-4648-99db-6f288f781002
  3. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address: Fix my email address * Moved from Community Center* Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-is-removed-for-privacy-fix-my-email/b64d8682-6984-4648-99db-6f288f781002
  4. App does not Display in Windows 10 Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    App does not Display in Windows 10 Lockscreen: Hi, Im a A tech from montreal and .. i have this old bug .. that its coming back .. like a second wave of covid hahaha, i try everything except reinstall windows from a brand new iso 20h2 .. but its minor issue so i dont do it .. i want to find it ... its boring on my big...
  5. Windows 10 and email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and email address: I have a new hp pavilion laptop with windows 10 I'm trying to set up email but it's requesting me to change my email address because my existing one already exists as a MS account. That account is mine and I don't want to change. How can I achieve that?...
  6. Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen: This happens VERY RARELY but everytime it does I have no idea why. My computer is doing just fine. Running SFC doesn't detect any problems whatsoever, and like I said: it only rarely happens. So far it only happened twice, and with like a month interval. Are there other...
  7. SID shows instead of Username in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    SID shows instead of Username in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Security Identifier (SID) is a unique value of variable length that is used to identify a security principal (such as a security group) in […] This article SID shows instead of Username in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Username in Address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Username in Address: My username in Windows consists of 2 words. Let's assume them to be First_name Last_name I need to point to a particular file in my code but am not sure what to put in the file address. If username was just First_name I could put C://Users/First_name/ but my username has 2...
  9. Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address: As an ARC member I receive novels to review, however as of last update unable to send email address as it is substituting letters for numbers....
  10. Log in with username@computername instead of computername\username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in with username@computername instead of computername\username: Hi all On a small network that does not have a domain controller, a Windows 10 pro workstation is sharing a folder over the network. We used to be able to connect to this network share with username@computername instead of computername\username (e.g. shareuser@pc20 instead...