Windows 10: Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down

Discus and support Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A number of Windows 10 users have various shutdown-related issues. The most common issue is that their PC reboots instead of shutting down. When they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cluster Head, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down

Read more: http://winaero.com/blog/fix-windows-...shutting-down/

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 8, 2015

2. Instead of shutting down, computer restarts after installing Windows 10

Jessen P:

I may have responded earlier, but can't find my post now, so I'll resubmit my response.

Thanks for your response to my problem.

I ran the power troubleshooter as you suggested. It found that I use a screen saver (rather than turn off my display); and that I had disabled both sleep and hibernation modes on my computer. The troubleshooter reset these items to their default values.
    I tried to shutdown afterwards, but the computer continues to restart instead. I'll leave these settings at the default for now, but I don't believe they are related to the restart rather than shutdown issue.

I also ran a complete set of hardware diagnostics provided by HP for my computer at the time of purchase. These tests found no hardware issues of any kind.

If you have further suggestions for correcting this problem, please advise.

veritasffg, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Instead of shutting down, computer restarts after installing Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep
    mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

Run the Power troubleshooter and see if it helps.

a: Press
    Windows logo to open the search box.

b: Type troubleshooting, hit enter.

c: Now click System and Security.

d: Click Power.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Nov 8, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down

No problems here, what is a bit funny as this is coming from a third party tweaker app site which can be the cause, but informative.

jds63, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down

1. Fix Windows 10 reboots (restarts) instead of shutting down - Similar Threads - Fix reboots restarts

2. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  3. Laptop restarting instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting instead of shutting down: Hello, so my laptop ASUS TUF Gaming with ryzen 5 and GTX 1650 has been having this problem for quite some time now. The problem is that every time I press shutdown my pc restarts. It never shuts down by itself so I have to force shut down it every time, which I'm afraid is...
  4. Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down: Hi. My old laptop had some problem where it was permanently attempting to do Windows Updates every boot but failing, with code 0x80070643, so I decided to disable Windows Updates. Right after that, something very weird happened that I've never seen. I was shutting down my old...
  5. Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down: Hi. My old laptop had some problem where it was permanently attempting to do Windows Updates every boot but failing, with code 0x80070643, so I decided to disable Windows Updates. Right after that, something very weird happened that I've never seen. I was shutting down my old...
  6. Windows 10: Restart instead of Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer restarts instead of shutting down

Computer restarts instead of shutting down: I don't know if this is a computer glitch or a Microsoft one. Lately, maybe since the last update, when I shut off the computer, it restarts instead. Not consistently, but maybe about half the time. I get the screen that says it's shutting down with the little circling dots...
  8. Windows restarts instead of shutting down

Windows restarts instead of shutting down: Hi all, I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 laptop with Windows 10. In the beginning, when I wanted to shut down Windows, that worked as expected. But at a certain point in time maybe after a Windows update, Windows restarts every time when I select shutdown. The only...
  9. Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down

Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down: Hello everyone, As the title says, windows 10 restarts instead of shut down when i am pressing the "shut down" button. I had the same problem with windows 8.1, i searched all the internet to find a solution but i couldn't fix my problem. I read on internet some of...
  10. Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago for the most part it works fine, but one day it stopped being able to shut down properly. When I tell it to shut down it does actually shut down but only for a second before it starts restarting. This problem has been going on for 2-3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reboots instead of shutdown troubleshooting