Windows 10: Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and...

Discus and support Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, My Windows 10 Surface 3 tablet stopped recognizing my Lexar 64MB MicroSD card. I saw multiple issues online with people experiencing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SKEPT0S, Feb 12, 2019.

1. SKEPT0S Win User

Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and...

Hello all,

My Windows 10 Surface 3 tablet stopped recognizing my Lexar 64MB MicroSD card. I saw multiple issues online with people experiencing similar issues with Win 10 after an update. Here's how I fixed my problem, I hope it helps others...

I bought 2 other MicroSD cards (Samsung & SanDisk) for other purposes and each of them would be recognized by my built-in Surface 3 MicroSD slot but it wouldn't recognize my Lexar one. Luckily, one of my new MicroSD cards came with a USB reader so I inserted Lexar card into that and LO AND BEHOLD, it was recognized.

It still would not be recognized in built-in slot, so I backed up all the files from it and then reformatted my Lexar card. After reformatting it, the built-in MicroSD slot reader was finally able to recognize my Lexar card.

I hope that helps some of you out there.

:)

SKEPT0S, Feb 12, 2019

2. Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

Hi there. I have just brought a brand new Surface pro 4 64 bit, i5, 128 gig, 8 gig ram.

Everything is fine however I have recently decided to expand my storage by adding a 128gig microSD card.

The card arrived today however...

Unfortunately the surface does not seem to be picking up the microSD card. The card works fine in other devices. (An android phone)

I have been through trouble shooting, restarted surface, did the power butting volume up trick to enter setup and it says the microSD card reader is switch on.

One more thing to note I have recently updated the OS with the latest version as prompted by Microsoft.

I'm not a computer pro but I do know my way round an operating system.

Any ideas?

FletcherHandscomb, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Dan-98034 Win User
    Lumia 635 microSD card issue.

We purchased 2 Lumia 635's here a couple of months ago, and for the most part they have been working flawlessly, however, my fiancée's phone has one slight bug that I can't wrap myself around.

For whatever reason, her microSD card cannot be read by the phone, nor can it be read via USB cable.

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot:

• I swapped microSD cards, and I could read hers on my phone, but could not read mine on hers.
    • I read my microSD card on my W8.1 computer both through USB cable and through the reader with no problem.
    • I read her microSD card on my W8.1 computer both through USB cable and through the reader with no problem.
    • I formatted her micoSD card on my W8.1 computer, and it worked fine.
      • When I inserted it into her phone, it did not see it.
      • When I tried to format it on her phone, it did not see it.
      • When I tried to look at Storage Sense, it was grayed out.
    Any ideas as to what could be going on?

Thanks!

Dan-98034, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and...

Card reader not working Windows 10

Hello,

I too have this prob;lem. I upgraded Thursday and today I wanted to offload last pictures from my camera. that is when I noticed that my multi-card reader (SD, microSD, USB, SATA) does not work. My PC is a custom built, so going back to the manufacturer
    is not an option.

1) my wireless mouse - which is plugged into that reader for better reach stopped working

2) reader will not read cards

3) reader does not appear in the list of drives; and all the USB drivers seem to be OK - according to WIndows

I do hope that Microsoft does solve this problem FAST!

martinagaiserNL, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and...

1. Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and... - Similar Threads - Fix Surface stopped

2. MicroSD card isn't reading properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicroSD card isn't reading properly: I just bought this 128GB microSD card a bit ago, but when I plug it in, it doesn't show up as a drive. Windows says that it's unspecified, and when I run the troubleshooter it says that windows cannot find the problem. It won't let me update the driver either, nor does it...
  3. MicroSD card isn't reading properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicroSD card isn't reading properly: I just bought this 128GB microSD card a bit ago, but when I plug it in, it doesn't show up as a drive. Windows says that it's unspecified, and when I run the troubleshooter it says that windows cannot find the problem. It won't let me update the driver either, nor does it...
  4. USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11: I have 2 USB 3.0 microSD card readers. A SanDisk MobileMate & an Anker dual card reader. Both worked flawlessly on my PC under Windows 10 but neither will work under Windows 11. They both show up in the Device Manager under Other devices. I cannot get Windows 11 to recognize...
  5. USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11

USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11: I have 2 USB 3.0 microSD card readers. A SanDisk MobileMate & an Anker dual card reader. Both worked flawlessly on my PC under Windows 10 but neither will work under Windows 11. They both show up in the Device Manager under Other devices. I cannot get Windows 11 to recognize...
  6. unable read microsd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable read microsd card: when i insert the microsd card using the adapter i get the following error. I receive this on windows 10 as well as windows 11.The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\000000ec was retried.Event ID : 153source: disk...
  7. unable read microsd card

unable read microsd card: when i insert the microsd card using the adapter i get the following error. I receive this on windows 10 as well as windows 11.The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\000000ec was retried.Event ID : 153source: disk...
  8. unable read microsd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How can I fix my card reader

How can I fix my card reader: My card reader doesn't work most of the time after an update install and when I uninstall the update, then the card reader works again. I too updated to windows 10 and HATE the fact it automatically updates and I have no way to stop it. Then I am at the mercy of my laptop...
  10. Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

Surface pro microSD card reader not working.: Hi there. I have just brought a brand new Surface pro 4 64 bit, i5, 128 gig, 8 gig ram. Everything is fine however I have recently decided to expand my storage by adding a 128gig microSD card. The card arrived today however... Unfortunately the surface does not seem to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft go stopped reading sd card

2. surfac go stopped reading sd card

3. surface go stopped reading micro sd

4. windows 10 surface pro not recognizing micro sd