Windows 10: Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine)

Discus and support Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There can be a number of reasons for Microsoft to take action against you and stop Windows 10 activation by displaying the error code – 0x004f200. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 4, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine)

There can be a number of reasons for Microsoft to take action against you and stop Windows 10 activation by displaying the error code – 0x004f200. For example, the copy of Windows you are using is not genuine or you have not inserted the Windows Product License key for your version of Windows 10 OS. Whatever the case may be, you can try and fix the Windows Activation error 0x004f200 (Non-genuine).

Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine) windows-activation-error.png

Fix Windows activation error 0x004f200 (Non-genuine)

The issue can be fixed by the following methods:

1. Run Windows Activation Troubleshooter
    2. Uninstall a recently added update
    3. Change the Product key

Check the more detailed description below.

1] Run Windows activation troubleshooter.

Activation is an important step to carry out as it helps to verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. So, if you are experiencing trouble activating Windows, the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter could help.

Go to Start, choose Settings > Update & Security.

Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine) troubleshoot-activation-error-700x458.png

Under the Update & security panel on the left, scroll down to Troubleshoot. Please make sure to be signed in as an administrator to use this option.

Here, if your copy of Windows 10 isn’t activated, the Troubleshoot option should be visible to you.

Click it to fix the issue. Once your Windows activation is done, the Troubleshoot button will disappear.

2] Uninstall a recently added update

If you recently observed this change after installing an update, uninstall it to check if the problem persists.

• Go to Windows Settings and choose the Update and Security tile.
    • Next, select Windows Update.
    • Click View Update History entry.
    • Click the Uninstall updates link.

Then, from the Control Panel window that opens, go to the recently installed update, right-click it and choose Uninstall update. Some updates have known to cause an Activation or Validation error. Validation is an online process that enables users to verify that the copy of Windows, running on their computer is activated correctly and is genuine.

Once you have uninstalled the recent problematic update, you may need to Hide the Update using PowerShell for a while.

3] Change the Product key

If all the above methods fail to work, go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation.

On the right, click the Change product key.

Then, enter the correct product key digits again and see if the activation is successful.

It should work!

Related: Fix This copy of Windows is not genuine error message.

More suggestions here to fix Windows Activation errors.

Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine) troubleshoot-activation-error.png
    This article Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 4, 2021

2. 0xc004f200 (non-genuine) activation error after update on Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi!

Some days ago my Windows 10 Enterprise started to complain about not being genuine. I think it was after an update, but not sure.

The error I get is 0xc004f200. The product key I'm using comes from my MSDN subscription.

Some additional information:

Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine) 76166e95-39df-4da8-99e4-7f81e2b4212a.png

David Díaz, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User
    Windows 7 activation with KMS

You're not alone.

Suggest reading:

Microsoft updated the respective KB sites (Known issues...) and seems to be working on a fix.

>
    KB4480970

>
    KB4480960

"After installing this update, some users are reporting the KMS Activation error, “Not Genuine”, 0xc004f200 on Windows 7 devices. We are aware of this incident and are presently investigating it. We will provide an update when available."

Smeed, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Smeed Win User

Windows 7 Not Genuine - Validation link broken - Citrix XenDesktop

FWIW...

Microsoft updated the respective KB sites (Known issues...) and seems to be working on a fix.

>
    KB4480970

>
    KB4480960

"After installing this update, some users are reporting the KMS Activation error, “Not Genuine”, 0xc004f200 on Windows 7 devices. We are aware of this incident and are presently investigating it. We will provide an update when available."

Smeed, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Windows Activation error 0xc004f200 (Non-genuine) - Similar Threads - Fix Activation error

2. Activation error 0xc004f200

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation error 0xc004f200: Fixed my PC by changing the board but I lose my license for my windows. I'm trying to activate it but encountering errors. Please help. I dont want to buy a new license again....
  3. Activation error 0xc004f200

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation error 0xc004f200: Fixed my PC by changing the board but I lose my license for my windows. I'm trying to activate it but encountering errors. Please help. I dont want to buy a new license again....
  4. Activation error 0xc004f200

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 10 activation error 0xc004f200

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 activation error 0xc004f200: The motherboard has recently been replacedConfirmed that there is no KB 971033 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-error-0xc004f200/a8bbc890-773b-49f6-a6e1-9b0479f65da5
  6. windows 10 activation error 0xc004f200

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 activation error 0xc004f200: The motherboard has recently been replacedConfirmed that there is no KB 971033 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-error-0xc004f200/a8bbc890-773b-49f6-a6e1-9b0479f65da5
  7. windows 10 activation error 0xc004f200

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  9. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  10. Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix: Swapping a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro to a genuine copy of Windows 10 home. I purchased this PC second hand without knowing it was non-genuine. I am trying to remedy this. Windows is saying it cannot activate on this device because it can't connect to my...