Windows 10: fix windows by updating from usb

Discus and support fix windows by updating from usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem and i need fix pc by updating from usb. Do you know if it can be rolled back using windows protection. Or do i have to make backup ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by empleat, Jun 1, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

fix windows by updating from usb

I have a problem and i need fix pc by updating from usb. Do you know if it can be rolled back using windows protection. Or do i have to make backup ?
    Thanks!

:)

empleat, Jun 1, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Xzibit Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Jun 1, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. fix windows by updating from usb - Similar Threads - fix updating usb

2. How to fix usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix usb: When i double click on it, it says “please insert a disk into the usb drive.” When i try to format it, it says the same thing. In the device manager it says “this device is working properly.” And in the disk management it says “no media”...
  3. How to fix usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix usb: When i double click on it, it says “please insert a disk into the usb drive.” When i try to format it, it says the same thing. In the device manager it says “this device is working properly.” And in the disk management it says “no media”...
  4. Unable to install 20H2 from USB or upgrade from Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install 20H2 from USB or upgrade from Windows update: I want to do a fresh install of my Acer laptop, but the Live USB of 20H2 v2 (2021-02-27 download), which I used to install the Desktop several weeks ago, stops the installation because it's missing a driver. Then I tried to update it with the offer on the Settings\Updates and...
  5. usb ports fix

usb ports fix: need help on how to put new usb ports on laptop.I appreciate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-fix/ccca754f-6ede-4c0f-af4a-b4efa95d29f6
  6. Fix USB ports

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix USB ports: [ATTACH] Ok, so this morning I turned on my computer and plugged in my hard drive but it didn't show up. First I tried in all 3 USB ports, then I checked Disk Management. None of the ports worked and it didn't appear in Disk Management. Next I went into device manager and...
  7. Update from usb drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from usb drive?: I'm getting a new Windows 10 pc which (initially) will have no internet access. Can I just download the latest update file (kb4532695) on my laptop, copy that onto a usb drive and run it on the Windows 10 pc? I ask because info about this is rather confusing, where you...
  8. Can't update Windows from USB drive

Can't update Windows from USB drive: I have an old Microsoft Surface 3 that has been sitting around on a shelf for many months and decided to dust it off to update it to current Windows & app versions, but was unable to connect to the internet (I started a thread in the Networking section) so thought I'd update...
  9. usb fix

usb fix: My usb is not recognizing my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. There is a fix for it but I do not know how to apply it. It is with a previous version of windows update. March 5, 2018—KB4090913 (OS Build 16299.251) Help please...
  10. Unable to install Win10 from Usb device (fixed)

Unable to install Win10 from Usb device (fixed): I recently bought a preloaded Windows 10 USB drive from Walmart, and plugged it into my new computer, and It boots, but won't install. I get to the part where you need to select the driver to install. When i opened "browse", and click the USB that Windows is on, I get an...