Windows 10: Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk

Discus and support Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]While formatting a partition, if you see a message Windows cannot format the system […] This article Fix Windows cannot format the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk

WinClub, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 3, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk

1. Fix Windows cannot format the system partition on this disk - Similar Threads - Fix cannot format

2. System and Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Disk Partition: Few Days ago i mistakenly deleted my OS and had to clean install windows 11. I got a DELL device and i found that Dell preinstalled apps were missing, i somehow managed to get back MY DELL and DELL SUPPORT ASSIST but still don't have DELL OS RECOVERY.Today i noticed my disk...
  3. System and Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Disk Partition: Few Days ago i mistakenly deleted my OS and had to clean install windows 11. I got a DELL device and i found that Dell preinstalled apps were missing, i somehow managed to get back MY DELL and DELL SUPPORT ASSIST but still don't have DELL OS RECOVERY.Today i noticed my disk...
  4. Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management: I tried installing windows 11 from an iso file and it said " we couldn't update system reserved partition". So I went to Disk Management and I can't locate the system reserved partition :Where can I find my system reserved partition?...
  5. C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive partition cannot be extended and System labelled partition cannot be formatted: Hello, I would like to extend my partition to cover the system labelled partition and an unallocated partition all lying on the right of the C drive respectively. The option to extend the C partition is Grayed out. I think the System labelled partition is restricting me Note:...
  6. No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update: Hi, Whenever I try to look for updates through the Windows update program, It says my PC is up to date. However, My PC is still on build 1909. Updating through the media creation tool with an ISO gives the error "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Looking at...
  7. Create and format hard disk partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create and format hard disk partitions: I am attempting to set up a new SSD and I cannot open the "create and format hard disk partitions" program. every time I try, the cursor changes to loading for a second then nothing happens....
  8. Cannot format old windows partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot format old windows partition: I installed windows in another partition and now I want to format my C drive (old windows drive). How do I do it and also is it safe to do it? submitted by /u/ap00rv_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbpqj3/cannot_format_old_windows_partition/
  9. system partition not allowed to be formatted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system partition not allowed to be formatted: How do I format a system backup disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-partition-not-allowed-to-be-formatted/4232d4d3-bd34-4e4e-aaac-0794131e3584
  10. Formatting of a disk with 2 old partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting of a disk with 2 old partitions: Hi all, I have an old hard drive taken out from a Windows XP computer. The hard drive has 2 partions: one with system and all other files (docs, users and so on )and another partion which was a recovery part of the same drive. Now I want to format the whole disk and scratch...