Windows 10: Fix Windows Hello PIN Remove button greyed out in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix Windows Hello PIN Remove button greyed out in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Hello is one of the sign-in options available on Windows 11 and Windows 10 systems. It is a more secure way for users to access their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 17, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Windows Hello PIN Remove button greyed out in Windows 11/10

Fix Windows Hello PIN Remove button greyed out in Windows 11/10 Windows-Hello-PIN-Remove-greyed-out.png
    Windows Hello is one of the sign-in options available on Windows 11 and Windows 10 systems. It is a more secure way for users to access their Windows 11/10 devices via a PIN, Fingerprint Recognition, and Facial Recognition. You can easily set up and remove Windows Hello PIN and other sign-in options from Settings. Some […]

This article Fix Windows Hello PIN Remove button greyed out in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Greg M87 Win User

Windows Hello Change/Remove/Forgot PIN greyed out

Trying to setup Fingerprint reader authentication via Windows Hello on domain-joined systems. I am able to set up Fingerprint reader after making some registry changes, I can create a PIN when setting up Fingerprint but cannot Change or Remove it as that
    option is greyed out under settings.

I started with everything greyed out under Windows Hello, but after the following reg changes, I was able to set up a fingerprint reader:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System , changed AllowDomainPINLogon DWORD value to 1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System , changed AllowDomainPINLogon DWORD value to 1

After doing that I could set a PIN, set up Fingerprint reader, but I cannot Change, or Remove the PIN. I can't push that out to users as they'd be out of luck if they forgot their PIN and needed to Change or Add a Fingerprint.

I've done a lot of research and made GPO changes making sure Hello isn't configured while PIN is, that made no difference. Everyone forum or site I search for enabling the ability to change/remove PIN tells me things I've already tried and nothing
    helps. All I need is the ability to Change or Remove the PIN I created with the Fingerprint, any help is greatly appreciated.

(Screenshot below shows the screen as I see it on multiple PCs with Change/Remove/I forgot my PIN greyed out)

Fix Windows Hello PIN Remove button greyed out in Windows 11/10 115a7592-cdf5-4ac2-820f-2d1855fa10e5.jpg

Greg M87, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Windows Hello PIN Remove button greyed out in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix Hello PIN

2. On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out: I'm unable to pin Phone Link widget, as it's greyed out, neither it's on the widget board. How to troubleshoot?I already have everything set up on the app, this issue happened after latest update on Windows Store for Phonelink, as the screenshot states, it was updated minutes...
  3. On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out: I'm unable to pin Phone Link widget, as it's greyed out, neither it's on the widget board. How to troubleshoot?I already have everything set up on the app, this issue happened after latest update on Windows Store for Phonelink, as the screenshot states, it was updated minutes...
  4. Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out: I am trying to setup PIN Windows Hello. The 'Setup' button is greyed out and is not clickable. I have never used any of the Windows Hello features on this PC....
  5. Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out

Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out: I am trying to setup PIN Windows Hello. The 'Setup' button is greyed out and is not clickable. I have never used any of the Windows Hello features on this PC....
  6. windows hello sign-in add button greyed out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello sign-in add button greyed out: What can I do? I tried finding the local group editor but I couldn't find it; I am using windows 10 version 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in-add-button-greyed-out/7dc593b9-c19a-4f90-ba8d-81e5f09c793f
  7. windows hello sign-in add button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello sign-in add button greyed out: What can I do? I tried finding the local group editor but I couldn't find it; I am using windows 10 version 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in-add-button-greyed-out/7dc593b9-c19a-4f90-ba8d-81e5f09c793f
  8. windows hello sign-in add button greyed out

9. Windows hello is greyed out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello is greyed out: My windows hello is greyed out ,face, fingerprint is not available only the pin is available [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-is-greyed-out/e36ad55b-7ed5-47cc-89f6-344710af4cb4
  10. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...