Windows 10: Fix Windows Update Error 0x8007065e; Feature Update failed to install

Discus and support Fix Windows Update Error 0x8007065e; Feature Update failed to install in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this guide, we will provide some general solutions to fix Feature Update to Windows error 0x8007065e. You may probably know that there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Windows Update Error 0x8007065e; Feature Update failed to install

Fix Windows Update Error 0x8007065e; Feature Update failed to install Feature-Update-to-Windows-error-0x8007065e-1.jpg
    In this guide, we will provide some general solutions to fix Feature Update to Windows error 0x8007065e. You may probably know that there are two types of Windows updates, namely, Cumulative Update and Feature Update. This error occurs when you try to install a Feature Update on Windows OS. Most of the time, Windows updates […]

This article Fix Windows Update Error 0x8007065e; Feature Update failed to install first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 15, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 15, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 15, 2021
  4. kalstrand Win User

Windows update failing

I just finished building a pc and installed win7 pro 64bit. Most of my updates downloaded and installed but I have 2 important and 1 optional that will download partially then fail.

I am getting error 80072EE2. I have tried everything I could find on google and the Microsoft help links that windows update provides with the error code but haven't been able to fix the issue. Anybody here have any ideas?

kalstrand, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Windows Update Error 0x8007065e; Feature Update failed to install - Similar Threads - Fix Update Error

2. 0x8007065e when updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8007065e when updating: I'm like 100% sure this is caused by my dad's stupid Driver Booster app which i've already uninstalled.I hadn't had any updates in a while so I decided to check for updates and it started trying to update to "2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  3. 0x8007065e when updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x8007065e when updating: I'm like 100% sure this is caused by my dad's stupid Driver Booster app which i've already uninstalled.I hadn't had any updates in a while so I decided to check for updates and it started trying to update to "2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  4. 0x8007065e when updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update fails to install Feature update

Windows Update fails to install Feature update: Split from this thread.I have being trying to update from 1803 for 2.5 years. At first with automatic updated that always failed. After a while I tried all of the online suggestions. Everything short of a new reinstall was tried. I tried install from ISO, wiping all of the...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update failed to install, Error 0x8007371b

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Feature Update failed to install, Error 0x8007371b: At times, Windows Update may throw up error code 0x8007371b, especially when you are trying to install a Feature Update on your Windows 10 system. This indicates that one or more required members of the transaction are not present. Error 0x8007371b,...
  7. Update Fail - Error Code 0x8007065e

Update Fail - Error Code 0x8007065e: Hello, Repeated attempts to update Win10 have failed with an error code 0x8007065e. I've tried running the corrupt file repair steps as described here: 0x8007065e - Microsoft Community but it did not help. Anyone know what I can do now? Thank you!...
  8. Windows Store: Error 0x8007065E

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store: Error 0x8007065E: I bought the new AOE II definitive edition for download with Windows Store. I get the error 0x8007065E short time after starting the download. Ohter Apps I can download or update without any problems. Found no solution on the internet. Any ideas? [moved from German forums]...
  9. Windows Update error 0x8007065e

Windows Update error 0x8007065e: Keep getting the message Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 - error 0x8007065e. What does this mean and how do I get round it? [Original Title: Windows Update]...
  10. Feature update failed to install

Feature update failed to install: Hi, I have a preveious Feature update that failed to download. My OS is Win 10, Ver 1803. This was way back on the 10-08-2018 when It attempted to download and is still there being displayed. I have taken a screen copy if you want to see the details? The word error is not...