Windows 10: Fix windows update errors forum not opening

Discus and support Fix windows update errors forum not opening in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant open https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors It just keeps loading and loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yoshicage, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Yoshicage Win User

Fix windows update errors forum not opening

Yoshicage, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Xzibit Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Octopuss Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

They made it part of the WU client then, or it's two different things doing the same. Too bad you can't download it separately.

Octopuss, Feb 16, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Fix windows update errors forum not opening - Similar Threads - Fix update errors

2. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Forum Bug Fix: According to Microsoft to reply in a forum you click the 'reply' button.One raised by me has the reply visible. Those created by others do not.So how do I get the 'reply' button to display and reply to an existing...
  3. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Forum Bug Fix: According to Microsoft to reply in a forum you click the 'reply' button.One raised by me has the reply visible. Those created by others do not.So how do I get the 'reply' button to display and reply to an existing...
  4. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't Post A Reply In the Forums Fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Post A Reply In the Forums Fixed: I couldn't reply to topics in the forums and after reading some more I found that it's a bug where if someone has "Notify me when someone reponds to this post" is checked and doesn't have an email linked to that account, it just won't let the user post a rpely.The fix,...
  6. Can't Post A Reply In the Forums Fixed

Can't Post A Reply In the Forums Fixed: I couldn't reply to topics in the forums and after reading some more I found that it's a bug where if someone has "Notify me when someone reponds to this post" is checked and doesn't have an email linked to that account, it just won't let the user post a rpely.The fix,...
  7. Fix windows update error

Fix windows update error: After update word and excel files not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-windows-update-error/744b3358-6800-4134-a72a-384ae6cd32f1
  8. Fix Error in Windows Update

Fix Error in Windows Update: Hello, I'm want to check updates in this PC, but when I want to check updates, I get this picture: [ATTACH] I want to solve this problem to get back into normal. Can somebody help me?...
  9. Open Shell forum - don't expect any help from its forum

Open Shell forum - don't expect any help from its forum: Hi, For weeks I've been trying to resolve an explorer hang when launching Open Shell- it's been a persistent problem that various people experienced with Classic Shell. Where this was resolved, each reported case was different. I would advise you not to waste your time...
  10. Firefox or updated forum?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox or updated forum?: I'm getting this strange effect with latest firefox, is something changed in the forum or is it the browser: [img] as you see that post is "outside of itself" 115689