Windows 10: Fix winmm.dll is Missing or Not found error in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix winmm.dll is Missing or Not found error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]DLL (dynamic link library) files are essential to the working of your computer system. They are executable and hold vital code and data used by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 27, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix winmm.dll is Missing or Not found error in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 27, 2020
  2. RKK
    rkk Win User

FIX to make WINMM-WAV/OGG wrapper to Work on Windows 10?

Hello, I'm trying to make the WINMM-OGG wrapper to work on Windows 10. It seems that Microsoft changed something in the WINMM.DLL file and all the wrappers based on the WINMM-WAV or WINMM-OGG wrappers got broken.

There are several Forums talking about it, and there are people saying they got it working, though their links are always broken and never reply how the got fixed it, so its unclear that they mannaged to really fix it.

The problems seems to be that WINMM-OGG wrapps arround MS WINMM, and there it fails on W10, entering in an infinite loop.

I allready tried changing the wrapper name to something else than WINMM and change the Game exe to point to he alternative DLL but still the same effect.

I hope somebody has the suficient debugging knowledge to tell where it is getting stuck or tell how to get it working on W10.

Greetings.

INFO:
    Links to WINMM-OGG: hifi-unmaintained/ogg-winmm · GitHub
    Links to the other Forums and threads:
    m$ screwed up winmm in windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_x...ith_windows_10
    Fails on Windows 10 · Issue #4 · hifi-unmaintained/ogg-winmm · GitHub
    Windows 10 and a winmm MCI wrapper

3. medievil Win User
    m$ screwed up winmm in windows 10

Not the case here, with older games (Shadows for example) we had to use a wrapper fro winmm because the older games were made before windows switched to winmm for cd access. with win 10, they screwed up their implementation of winmm and the wrapper was no longer working. Any older game, ones that even use winmm will have issue with windows 10 version of it because it is not behaving like it did previously.

medievil, Aug 27, 2020
  4. b1rd Win User

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Fix winmm.dll is Missing or Not found error in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Fix winmm.dll is Missing or Not found error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix winmm dll

2. How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error: whenever i open a game or an application on their computer system, i experience d3dx10_43.dll is missing or not found error code in seperate window. Then i start searching for the solution to fix this erorr problem and i read about it in...
  3. How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error: whenever i open a game or an application on their computer system, i experience d3dx10_43.dll is missing or not found error code in seperate window. Then i start searching for the solution to fix this erorr problem and i read about it in...
  4. Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows: How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-vcruntime140dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/26840b96-cbb5-4dfa-8dfa-c9f307b0f4dc
  5. Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows: How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-vcruntime140dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/26840b96-cbb5-4dfa-8dfa-c9f307b0f4dc
  6. Fix binkw32.dll not found or missing error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix binkw32.dll not found or missing error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will help you fix binkw32.dll not found or missing error on your Windows 11/10 computer. Mostly, such an error occurs for a game having a Bink Video codec. So, when you try to install or play such a game, this binkw32.dll missing error appears. You...
  7. Fix vulkan-1.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix vulkan-1.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you see an error message The program can’t start because vulkan-1.dll is missing from your computer, then this will help you fix the problem on your Windows 11/10 PC. Windows throws DLL errors for various reasons, and when it comes to vulkan-1.dll was not found...
  8. Fix d3dx9_40.dll is missing, not found, or not designed to run error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix d3dx9_40.dll is missing, not found, or not designed to run error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Here is a full guide on how to fix d3dx9_40.dll is missing, not found, or not designed to run error on Windows 11/10. A lot of Windows users have complained of getting this error while opening an application or game that requires this specific DLL (Dynamic Link...
  9. Fix Crypt32.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Crypt32.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some Windows users may encounter the Crypt32.dll not found or missing error while using or installing certain programs on their Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer, when Windows starts or shuts down, or maybe even during a Windows installation. This post provides the...
  10. How to fix Kernel32.dll not found errors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Kernel32.dll not found errors in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Kernel32.dll file is a 32-bit dynamic link library file used in Windows to […] This article How to fix Kernel32.dll not found errors in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot