Windows 10: Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Is there a Windows 10 app forst party or third-party (preferably free or with trial) that can repair the 0xc0000008 error which seems to be related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alvin777, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Alvin777 Win User

Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro?

Hi. Is there a Windows 10 app forst party or third-party (preferably free or with trial) that can repair the 0xc0000008 error which seems to be related to the registry, using Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)?.

Windows XP cant boot to Safe Moda. Ive tried Glarys Utilities (Disk Repair checked). It has no bad sectors.
    I only have Windows 10, to repair it? The XP drive is on an external USB enclosure.

Thank you, in advance.
    Stay safe, God bless, Rev. 21:4

:)

Alvin777, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 26, 2020
  3. nkienitz Win User
    Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro?

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro?

1. Fix WinXP Pro 0xc0000008 Error Using Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Fix WinXP Pro

2. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  4. FIX: WINDOWS 10 HOME TO PRO UPGRADE ERROR 0X803FA067

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    FIX: WINDOWS 10 HOME TO PRO UPGRADE ERROR 0X803FA067: I came across an upgrade issue when I was upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Change Product Key feature. I first entered the default Windows 10 key from Microsoft VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T to convert the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and when I...
  5. BCD Error in Windows 10 pro using ssd drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BCD Error in Windows 10 pro using ssd drive: Windows 10 pro version number: 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) Hello, First of all I want to apologize if my post is the same with others. This is my first here and I am really frustrated. This is the story.... I bought a second hand all-in-one pc with i5 7th gen with 8gb of ram...
  6. windows 10 pro error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 pro error: cannot start windows or go into safe mode. it says stoperror and I have used every option offered and does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-error/861ccb5d-f8cb-4ff8-a867-aa7832efe093
  7. Use scanner Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use scanner Windows 10 Pro: When I go to scan, it says no scanner detected. I downloaded a MS scan app from the store - which was a BIG mistake. Same thing, Hamrick software works, although it puts a ridiculous watermark of it unless you pay big bucks. I found a workaround, which is a little tedious. I...
  8. Encryption using Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption using Windows 10 Pro: I encrypted tw rather large folders desktop using Windows 10 Pro. Simple process that took about 4 hours to complete. I opened the files and confirmed the process and noticed that each file had a lock icon attached. 1 If someone stole my laptop and had my pin i use to log...
  9. Networking using Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking using Windows 10 Pro: I have upgrade my two systems to Windows 10 Pro. I need to connect then over a local network. I need instructions and cannot find anything on the internet referring to PRO. Help?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro used 46GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro used 46GB: It was installed at Aug, 2016 on a new partition (not upgraded from an old s). Only 32 programs are installed and 10 of them are drivers. The biggest program is NVIDIV graphic driver (600MB). On C drive, the total number of files which are bigger than 100MB is 22 [img]...