Windows 10: Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Discus and support Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello: I had an e-mail address that I had linked to Windows. Since I did not really use it, I deleted the e-mail account. Every day or so, I will get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Musgrove, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hello:

I had an e-mail address that I had linked to Windows. Since I did not really use it, I deleted the e-mail account. Every day or so, I will get an alert from Windows to fix the account. I go into Settings -> Email & Accounts, and there I find the e-mail address and click "Manage", but doing so gets me nowhere since I cannot sign into the deleted account, and that button directs me to my school account's Microsoft Online page.

Considering this, how can I remove this deleted e-mail account from my linked accounts and get rid of that annoying "Work or School account problem" notification?

:)

Michael Musgrove, Feb 25, 2020

2. How Do I Delete an E-Mail Account?

I've had the account for about a year, but there's just all this junk mail in there and I don't need the E-Mail anymore so, even if I keep receiving messages, will it be deleted if I don't do anything about it?

Azn Tr14dZ, Feb 25, 2020
  3. How Do I Delete an E-Mail Account?

How do I delete an E-Mail account? I have one that I haven't used in a long time, and I just want to delete it since I use another one anyway. It's on Yahoo btw.

Azn Tr14dZ, Feb 25, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Advice needed : New e-mail account

To add to this.. Many free services "read" your e-mail to deliver targeted advertising. I put read in quotation marks because it's not that group of popular girls from high school snickering to themselves while they read your e-mail, it's a computer. That computer looks for keywords. If it sees "pool" and "barbeque", you're probably going to get ads for lawn chairs and tiki torches. Maybe your e-mail was "Barbeque the bodies in the pool. We can't have the cops find them." Google doesn't know. Google doesn't care.
    In return for this, you get an incredibly secure e-mail account with zero maintenance.

If you would prefer not to have even Google's computers poke through your messages, you can buy a Google for Work account ($5 a month). Honestly, kind of worth it even for a personal account.

Thema:

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

1. Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account. - Similar Threads - Fix School account

2. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  3. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  4. Work or School Account problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work or School Account problem: Hi, I keep receiving a notification "we need to fix your work or school account" but when I go to sign in it says "can't find that account"? I've logged into my Microsoft account and when selecting my PC "no issues are found" Does anybody here knows what's going on or has...
  5. work or school account problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    work or school account problem: I presume this is the old "we need to fix ..." I am not going to blindly press a button for some artificial idiot software to "fix" a "problem" without a better explanation of what, exactly, the problem is. All other postings about this that I have seen keep asking for how...
  6. e mail account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    e mail account: I have downloaded Apache Open Office 4 and my outgoing email is routed through Microsoft MAIL. I would like to change that to Webmail. Can this be done??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-account/5e009353-44ca-4150-a437-3d30e9bc201c
  7. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  8. Deleting an e-Mail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an e-Mail account: I have looked at many similar posted questions, but can't seem to follow any of the suggested answers. All I want to do is delete my outlook email account (not Microsoft account), one of the answers says I should log into my Microsoft account and click on settings, but I...
  9. Delete E-Mail App account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete E-Mail App account: Hi, is there a way to reset the Mail-App completely? The problem is, when I want to add a new mail account, the mail app always shows me my microsoft account which i once added. Although I deleted this microsoft account from the mail app it appears when i want to add a new...
  10. Account e-mail major problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account e-mail major problem.: Hi, I am asking on behalf of an elderly gent, first of all a bit of history. He had a desktop running windows XP for years, however it started playing up and he decided to buy a new one. The guy in the shop (PC world) set it up for him and he took it home. The problem...