Windows 10: Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game

Discus and support Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Many Xbox users are seeing Error Code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game. This can be very exasperating, but not anymore. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game

Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game Xbox-error.jpg
    Many Xbox users are seeing Error Code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game. This can be very exasperating, but not anymore. In this article, we are going to fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D with the help of some simple solutions. What is Xbox Error Code 0x87af000D? As mentioned earlier, the error code in question […]

This article Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 23, 2021

2. Xbox App Error code 0x80048504?

Hi Andyy,

If you received this error code 0x80048504, there could be an issue with the Xbox live server, your network connection, or with the account itself. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps

Please click this link. This process will check and resolve common issues with the apps on your PC.

Step 2: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe and then hit Enter. 

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Hit Enter. 
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Rose W Win User
    XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for the past month of June and to date displayed in relmonitor is :
    'Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700B7: 9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay.'

I found the powershell administrative level commands to uninstall Xbox in the forum tutorials.
    (To remove Xbox app from all current accounts on PC)
    powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage"

So although I have never installed this xbox I'm interpreting that this command is to remove it from the list of items that are possible to install.
    Will this signal to Microsoft to stop downloading the gaming overlay item?
    Should this command be run as well
    'powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage"

Rose W, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game

Xbox App won't sign in - Error codes (0x409) 0x80131509

Hi Loraine,

I have the same issue, getting the error code "(0x409) 0x80131509" every time I try to login in the Xbox App.

I tried to follow all your steps.

• "Normal Startup" was already selected.
    • Changed Xbox Live - Auth Manager, Game Save and Networking Service to automatic and they are running
    Then wanted to delete account and cache folders, but there was no "TokenBroker" folder under %userprofile%\....\AC. Only a empty one called "Temp" which I deleted. Also my "Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider" folder is called slightly different: Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

I'm still unable to login. Do you have any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance

FabianDean, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game

1. Fix Xbox error code 0x87af000D when installing or uninstalling a game - Similar Threads - Fix Xbox error

2. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App: I am trying to install the game subnautica from the xbox app. I bought the game off of there and every time I click install it instantly gives me the error code 0x80073d19. I tried uninstalling the xbox app and reinstalling, I updated windows, I signed in and out of...
  3. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App: I am trying to install the game subnautica from the xbox app. I bought the game off of there and every time I click install it instantly gives me the error code 0x80073d19. I tried uninstalling the xbox app and reinstalling, I updated windows, I signed in and out of...
  4. Error Code 0x80073d19 When Trying To Install Game From Xbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Fix Xbox Error 0x8007042b when launching games

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Xbox Error 0x8007042b when launching games: [IMG]Xbox games such as Destiny 2 carry a massive gamer following. However, recently there’s a minor mishap stopping them from enjoying it. This mishap occurs in the form of Error 0x8007042b when launching Xbox games. In this article, we are going to discuss this and find...
  6. Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC: When i try to download a game from the Xbox store for PC i recieve the error code 0x800700e9. I can find no documentation or help, and have tried steps like check for updates it says try to reopen setting later every time, reinstall game services cant open microsoft store...
  7. Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC

Error code: 0x800700e9 when installing a game from the Xbox store for PC: When i try to download a game from the Xbox store for PC i recieve the error code 0x800700e9. I can find no documentation or help, and have tried steps like check for updates it says try to reopen setting later every time, reinstall game services cant open microsoft store...
  8. XBOX game pass error 0x80070057, error when trying to uninstall Gaming services error...

XBOX game pass error 0x80070057, error when trying to uninstall Gaming services error...: Hello, Yesterday, I decided to try game pass for a dollar. What a terrible decision that has been, thus far. So from the start, game pass wasn't detecting one of my hard drives for certain games. I was, however, able to download 2 games to my C: and one game, Destroy All...
  9. XBOX game pass error 0x80070057, error when trying to uninstall Gaming services error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX game pass error 0x80070057, error when trying to uninstall Gaming services error...: Hello, Yesterday, I decided to try game pass for a dollar. What a terrible decision that has been, thus far. So from the start, game pass wasn't detecting one of my hard drives for certain games. I was, however, able to download 2 games to my C: and one game, Destroy All...
  10. Fix Error Code 0x80242022 when installing Xbox games on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error Code 0x80242022 when installing Xbox games on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Some PC gamers may encounter error code 0x80242022 when attempting to install an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 device. In this post, we will provide the most suitable solutions you can try to successfully resolve this issue. Below is the error...