Windows 10: /fixboot access denied. Why? What to do?

Discus and support /fixboot access denied. Why? What to do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a win10 machine that's gone wrong. Can't get into win10. Got a message 'BCD not valid' Tried the MS recovery USB I made and followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arthurbrogard, Jan 17, 2019.

1. /fixboot access denied. Why? What to do?

I have a win10 machine that's gone wrong.

Can't get into win10. Got a message 'BCD not valid'

Tried the MS recovery USB I made and followed instructions I have for fixing the BCD.

got as far as V: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot> bootrec /fixboot

and got 'Access is denied'.

What can I/should I do next?

:)

arthurbrogard, Jan 17, 2019

2. BootRec/Fixboot Access Denied

I tried this on X: and am currently running start up repair.

At the fixboot step I got access denied. But the other commands were successful.

Since my C: is corrupted does that mean I must restore to factory settings?

Thank you for your help!

Amarajith Balasubramaniam, Jan 17, 2019
  3. alpha45 Win User
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied. Various solutions not working

This proedure to me does not work either from windows or from boot

/fixboot  access denied.  Why?  What to do? [​IMG]

/fixboot  access denied.  Why?  What to do? [​IMG]

Thank you

PS. Using an older version of the recovery disk, the problem is solved ...
    Thank you

alpha45, Jan 17, 2019
  4. /fixboot access denied. Why? What to do?

BootRec/Fixboot Access Denied

Hi Rob,

When I type bootrec /fixboot I receive an access denied msg. Is there a way to resolve this?

I will try the EasyBCD method.

Thank you,

Amar

Amarajith Balasubramaniam, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

/fixboot access denied. Why? What to do?

1. /fixboot access denied. Why? What to do? - Similar Threads - fixboot access denied

2. Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!: Windows 11 after upgrading from windows 10 at startup just shows black screen help fix. Windows 10 no black screen problem but occasionally after 10-15min use the screen turns black and unable to see anything...
  3. Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!: Windows 11 after upgrading from windows 10 at startup just shows black screen help fix. Windows 10 no black screen problem but occasionally after 10-15min use the screen turns black and unable to see anything...
  4. "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.: Automatic repair was unable to fix my Windows 10, so I ran through the commands:bootrec.exe /rebuildbcdbootrec.exe /fixmbrbootrec.exe /fixbootBut the command window said that my access was denied. How do I fix this?...
  5. "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.

"bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.: Automatic repair was unable to fix my Windows 10, so I ran through the commands:bootrec.exe /rebuildbcdbootrec.exe /fixmbrbootrec.exe /fixbootBut the command window said that my access was denied. How do I fix this?...
  6. "bootrec.exe /fixboot" Access is Denied.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bootrec /fixboot access denied?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied?: My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec /fixboot but get access denied. I reformated boot partition to FAT32, copied boot files using bcdboot from \windows directory...
  8. Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied on bootrec /fixboot: Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 1809 recently. It crashed after a system restore and did not boot anymore. So I used the installation disk and tried out the inbuilt repair functions, which did not work. I also tried line commands, which worked expect bootrec /fixboot....
  9. Fixboot Access Denied Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixboot Access Denied Help: I have the ever-so-popular logfiles srt srttrail.txt error showing up on my main computer, however when I try to fix it through suggestions on this website and other websites, I either don't solve the issue or I end up having to use bootrec /fixboot. I've already looked into...
  10. bootrec /fixboot access is denied

bootrec /fixboot access is denied: My Windows upgrade is failed and force the PC to power off while it is still writing to the disk, and appeared the blue screen error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". and I run the command "bootrec /fixboot", however, I received the "bootrec /fixboot access is denied" error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does it mean when to get fixboot access denied