Windows 10: Fixed: Audio stops when screen goes off

Discus and support Fixed: Audio stops when screen goes off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Looks like a bug was fixed recently: Audio stops when screen goes off It was too much annoying that sounds would go mute when the screen goes off for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlfredoOf98, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Fixed: Audio stops when screen goes off

Looks like a bug was fixed recently: Audio stops when screen goes off

It was too much annoying that sounds would go mute when the screen goes off for power saving. It seems this bug has been fixed in a recent update.

There's a question about this that was asked in 2015:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/audio-stops-when-screen-goes-off-windows-10/82be18c2-2087-4290-8b76-b787af31ad30

And on the right side you can see "Last updated December 22, 2019".

Enjoy your music while the monitor is off Fixed: Audio stops when screen goes off :)

submitted by /u/AlfredoOf98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlfredoOf98, Dec 27, 2019

2. Windows Audio Service Stopped Working

Hi,

For help fixing audio or sound problems, try the audio troubleshooter. It might be able to fix audio problems automatically.

If the link doesn't open the troubleshooter, follow the following steps:

• Select the Start
       button, type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting
      from the list of results.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, select
      Troubleshoot audio playback.

Let us know how it goes.

Marivel Man, Dec 27, 2019
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Dec 27, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Fixed: Audio stops when screen goes off

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Fixed: Audio stops when screen goes off

1. Fixed: Audio stops when screen goes off - Similar Threads - Fixed Audio stops

2. Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep: This is an obnoxious issue that I cannot find a real solution for, beyond a workaround.I have my audio coming from an HDMI output on my Nvidia 2070 super, going to a receiver. The only way I can make it appear in the system is to have windows treat it like a display and...
  3. Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia digital audio stops working when computer goes to sleep: This is an obnoxious issue that I cannot find a real solution for, beyond a workaround.I have my audio coming from an HDMI output on my Nvidia 2070 super, going to a receiver. The only way I can make it appear in the system is to have windows treat it like a display and...
  4. mouse goes off screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mouse goes off screen: in minecraft windows 10 edition when i play and look down my mouse goes off screen and opens my taskbar and if i look up then it opens the top bar where it shows options to exit, minimize, or "restore down" or whatever its supposed to be. i tried pretty much everything but...
  5. My audio goes off randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My audio goes off randomly: Hi My audio goes off randomly and when it does it affects everything like Skype, Bloomberg videos, Zoom etc. Windows updates re-sets it but this is now becoming a constant issue. After doing the updates and getting everything working yesterday the audio is off again today....
  6. Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?

Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?: How do I set the screen to go on and off so I don't have to press 2 buttons every time? Bildschirm geht aus und an wenn pc aus und an geht?
  7. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off: Dear community, I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set to...
  8. Windows hello lock screen when display goes off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hello lock screen when display goes off.: I want windows to lock my computer when the display goes off. Is there a way to do so? I'm using windows 10 home. submitted by /u/MononcGeek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3dqw4/windows_hello_lock_screen_when_display_goes_off/
  9. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  10. Groove Music stops when the screen goes off and the playing song ends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music stops when the screen goes off and the playing song ends: It may be silly me, but when the Groove Music plays a playing list and the screen goes off, after the end of the current song it stops. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting about this? Is there any player that would keep on playing even with the screen off? 42101