Windows 10: FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909

Discus and support FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Controlled Folder Access = OFF is a common posted Fix but I use ESET EIS and am told Defender must be in use to have CFA = ON. My rarely-used,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CraigS040709, Apr 5, 2020.

1. FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909

Controlled Folder Access = OFF is a common posted Fix but I use ESET EIS and am told Defender must be in use to have CFA = ON.

My rarely-used, test-only Bkup Admin Acct COULD save to Desktop but I don't know the implications of the Fix for just the exclusively-used Me Admin Acct. It was as follows:

My PC\Desktop\Rt Clk\Properties\Security Tab ..... the MODIFY box of the -- Everyone Group -- was UN-chk'd and when I chk'd it, Re-started to be sure, I Saved a Word .docx to the Desktop, and presume Downloads will follow now.WHAT the Everyone Group is explanations still leave me lost per my expertise, but as a last resort I hope this helps someone later.

:)

CraigS040709, Apr 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 5, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Apr 5, 2020
  4. NedDolan Win User

FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909

How to save PDF files to desktop with W10

I often get PDF files in emails. I want to save some of them to my desktop to use later. I cannot find the "save as" button in my W10 edge program. How can I save these files to the desktop??

NedDolan, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909

1. FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909 - Similar Threads - FIXED Can't Save

2. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save to desktop: I have an HP Pavillion Notebook and am running Windows 10. Recently I think since my last windows update but I'm not 100% sure I've been unable to save anything to my desktop. I can't save new files there, or make changes to any I have previously put on my desktop. The error...
  3. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save to desktop: I have an HP Pavillion Notebook and am running Windows 10. Recently I think since my last windows update but I'm not 100% sure I've been unable to save anything to my desktop. I can't save new files there, or make changes to any I have previously put on my desktop. The error...
  4. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Which Fix? Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which Fix? Can't Save to Desktop: I recently could Not "Save to Desktop" No Permission and stumbled upon -- Giving "Everyone" MODIFY rights Rt Clk This PC - Desktop/Properties/Security/Edit as a Fix. In another Forum [ I haven't gotten an answer from ] an "expert" suggested THIS is a Big Security Issue & that...
  6. W10 1909 Installation Media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 1909 Installation Media: Hi, Just finished building my new PC and trying to get Windows10 Pro. The Media installation tool only allows me to download/install 2004 but I'd like to get 1909 due to the issues related to 2004. Is there a way to get 1909 installation media (or .iso file, whatever, just...
  7. W10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Update 1909: I am having consistent problems trying to update my Windows 10 Pro Desktop to Feature Update to Windows 10 1903 and 1909, the system currently being at 1809. OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit CPU AMD FX-8350 8 Core Vishera 32nm Technology RAM 24.00 GB Dual Channel DDR3@666MHz...
  8. W10 1909 Build 18363.720

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1909 Build 18363.720: I learned long ago that using: Create a system image is safer than allowing Windows to setup the backup. These days though, when I use Disk Cleanup to remove previous backups on my second internal backup drive, it breaks the older backup. When trying to create a new System...
  9. Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Save to Desktop: Windows 10 Professional: I am suddenly experiencing a problem I have never seen before. With two important programmes - Texpad and Junior Icon Editor - I am unable to save my work to the Desktop or into a folder on the Desktop. When hitting the 'Save as' button I get the...
  10. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...