Windows 10: [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

Discus and support [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; UPDATE: user jorimt on blurbusters forum helped me to find a solution.https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157I've run into a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andrewK-, Nov 30, 2022.

1. andrewK- Win User

[FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

UPDATE: user jorimt on blurbusters forum helped me to find a solution.https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157I've run into a problem when mouse cursor stutters and monitor flickers monitor frequency drops when non-smooth animation is playing in some windows applications. G-sync should not work in windowed applications if it is turned off in NVCP. But in my case even G-sync indicator appears in the corner of active window during those stutters. It somehow works and causes those stutters in many non-fullscreen applications.Of course completely disabling G-SYNC in NVCP fixes th

:)

andrewK-, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Swift0r Win User

Windowed Mode G-Sync problem

I seem to have an issue with Windows 10 Windowed Mode and G-Sync with any game that runs above the screen refresh rate and it's really beginning to bug me.

Something in the Borderless Windowed mode seems to bypass any configuration I make and caps me at the refresh rate with G-Sync enabled. If I then switch to Fullscreen mode mid game with G-Sync still enabled the fps unlocks and sets itself much higher than the 143 forced setting.

I have tried both G-Sync and V-Sync options alone or together with the same outcome 143 frames. If I then go ahead and disable G-Sync for windowed and fullscreen mode and load the game in windowed mode the fps is uncapped, I don't understand it :/. G-Sync is not supposed to cap the frame rate at the refresh rate.

How do I fix this with Windowed Mode? I recently switched to a dual monitor set up so windowed mode would be great if I could fix this problem.

Swift0r, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Xzibit Win User
    G-Sync is Dead. VESA Adds Adaptive-Sync to DisplayPort Standard

Time to petition Nvidia then.

Guru3D - NVIDIA G-Sync Explored and Explained

G-Sync also disable the audio pass-through in DisplayPort.

Xzibit, Nov 30, 2022
  4. [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

G-Sync is Dead. VESA Adds Adaptive-Sync to DisplayPort Standard

If you're running things in a window, then the usefulness of adaptive sync is questionable. The only reason you would run a program in windowed mode would be if you cared about the content of more than one window; however, each window will be rendering/refreshing at different rates. If you software synchronizes to one window with a variable refresh rate, then every other window's cadence looks even worse than with a fixed refresh rate. For example if you're trying to display a video and a 3D rendering, then focusing upon the 3D rendering will cause the video to become a stuttering mess. The highest fixed refresh rate that a monitor can display will be the best compromise for a multiple window environment.

The Von Matrices, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

[FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

1. [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering - Similar Threads - FIXED SYNC works

2. [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering: UPDATE: user jorimt on blurbusters forum helped me to find a solution.https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157I've run into a problem when mouse cursor stutters and monitor flickers monitor frequency drops when non-smooth animation is playing in some windows...
  3. [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [FIXED] G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering: UPDATE: user jorimt on blurbusters forum helped me to find a solution.https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157I've run into a problem when mouse cursor stutters and monitor flickers monitor frequency drops when non-smooth animation is playing in some windows...
  4. G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering: I've run into a problem when mouse cursor stutters and monitor flickers monitor frequency drops when non-smooth animation is playing in some windows applications. G-sync should not work in windowed applications if it is turned off in NVCP. But in my case even G-sync indicator...
  5. G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering: I've run into a problem when mouse cursor stutters and monitor flickers monitor frequency drops when non-smooth animation is playing in some windows applications. G-sync should not work in windowed applications if it is turned off in NVCP. But in my case even G-sync indicator...
  6. G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. G-Sync not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    G-Sync not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you’re a PC gamer, then there’s a good chance you’ve heard of G-Sync. It’s a proprietary adaptive sync technology designed by Nvidia, and arguably, it’s the best in the business despite stiff competition from AMD’s FreeSync. G-Sync is all [...] This post Nvidia...
  8. Nvidia G-Sync not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia G-Sync not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you’re a PC gamer, then there’s a good chance you’ve heard of G-Sync. It’s a proprietary adaptive sync technology designed by Nvidia, and arguably, it’s the best in the business despite stiff competition from AMD’s FreeSync. G-Sync is all [...] This post Nvidia...
  9. Windowed Mode G-Sync problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowed Mode G-Sync problem: I seem to have an issue with Windows 10 Windowed Mode and G-Sync with any game that runs above the screen refresh rate and it's really beginning to bug me. Something in the Borderless Windowed mode seems to bypass any configuration I make and caps me at the refresh rate...
  10. G-Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G-Sync: Whats up guys? how do i confirm that gsync is currently working? like ive been having trouble with it. in CP i have it set to full screen apps, and in global 3d settings, i have screen set to G-sync, and V-sync is set to app controlled and off in games. from what i read, this...