Windows 10: Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc

Discus and support Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Reset this PC is a good feature that is available on Windows 10 and Windows 8. But sometime you could not reset your pc for some reasons (due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rahul Kumar Singh 123, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc

Reset this PC is a good feature that is available on Windows 10 and Windows 8. But sometime you could not reset your pc for some reasons (due to missing some system files or encrypted data)

Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc 43e338e3-37de-4eba-b30d-413960ca201f?upload=true.png

Three Ways to fix “There was a problem resettingyour pc

In this article, I will show you three ways to fix this issue. All method is simple but please do carefully. Warning: Do not try and extra command type the same command that I mentioned with the step.

Way 1: Try to Disable / Enable Recovery Environment

Step 1: Search Command Prompt in your pc and Run it as Administrator.

The first step I have for you is searching command prompt in your PC and when you found right click on it and Run as Administrator.

Step 2: Type reagentc /disable (in the command line)

The Second Step I have for you is when the command prompt is open now type reagentc /disable (in the command line) and then Press Enter Button (for disabling recovery environment)

Step 3: Type reagentc /enable (in the command line)

The Third Step I have for you is when you disabled recovery environment now you need to enable it again. So Now Type reagentc /enable (in the command line) and then Press Enter Button. (for enabling recovery environment)

Step 4: Exit Command Prompt and Restart your PC.

The Fourth Step I have for you is close the command prompt using the close button or type exit in the command line.

Step 5: Now try to reset your PC

The Fifth Step I have for you is now try to reset your pc (your process successfully is done without any issue)

Way 2: Windows 10 Recovery Environment

Step 1: Press and Hold Shift Key and click on the Restart Button.

The First Step I have for you is Press and Hold the Shift key and press window button click on power option choose Restart (please press continuously shift button till restarting). Now you have redirected to Windows 10 Recovery Environment.

Step 2: Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt

The second step I have for you is when the windows 10 recovery environment will open. now click on troubleshoot and then advanced option then choose command prompt. It loads the Command Prompt

Step 3: Now Select your User account and type your Password

The third step I have for you is to select your user account and then type password if you have and then click on continue button.

Step 4: Type wmic logicaldisk get deviceid,volumename,description in Command line

The fourth step I have for you is type wmiclogicaldisk get deviceid,volumename,description in the command line and then press enter button from your keyboard. It will show all the details of your system.

Step 5: Type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\Windows in Command line

The fifth step I have for you is the type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\Windows in Command line and Press the enter button. This Process takes some minutes. this command checks integrity and replaces corrupted and missing files.

Step 6: Exit Command Prompt and then Click continue

The sixth step I have for you is exit the command prompt and then come to the windows 10 recovery environment home and then click on the continue button.

Step 7: Now Try to Reset your PC

The Seventh step I have for you is now try to reset your pc. ( I think your issue will be fixed)

Way 3: Using Installation Media

Step 1: Check your windows edition and the System type

The First Step I have for you checks your windows edition and system type. First, go to file explorer click on this PC and then click on properties it will show the details.

Step 2: Install windows installation media

The second step I have for you is to install windows installation media. Here is the guide that helps you to install windows installation media.

Step 3: Restart your PC (try to Boot)

The Third Step I have for you are restarting your pc and try to open boot option.

Step 4: Select your language/time/keyboard input method and click next.

The fourth step I have for you is to select the language and time format and input method and then press the next button.

Step 5: Click on Repair your computer

The fifth step I have for you clicks on Repair your computer button that is located on the below-left corner.

Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Option > Command Prompt

The Sixth step I have for you is choosing Troubleshooting and then Advanced Options > click on Command Prompt (it will open the command prompt)

Step 7: Type Explorer in the command line

The Seventh step I have for you is Type explorer in the command line and then Press Enter. It will open the file explorer

Step 8: Navigate to Windows installation Media > Sources > Install.esd

The eighth step i have for you when the file explorer will be open now you need to navigate Windows installation Media > Sources > Install.esd and then Copy the Path in file explorer and go back to command prompt.

Step 9: Type dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:E:\sources\install.esd

The ninth step I have for you is type dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:E:\sources\install.esd in the command line and then press the enter button from your keyboard. This will show the installed windows information and cd windows version (that you have available).

Step 10: Type mkdir d:\scratch

The tenth step I have for you is type mkdir d:\scratch and then press the enter button.

Step 11: Type dism /image:d:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:esd:E: \sources\install.esd:2 /scratchdir:d:\scratch /limitaccess

The eleventh step i have for you is type dism /image:d:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:esd:E: \sources\install.esd:2 /scratchdir:d:\scratch /limitaccess in the command line and then press enter button. This Process will take some minutes.

Step 12: Exit command prompt and click continue

The twelveth step I have for you is exit command prompt using exit button or type exit in the command line and then press the enter button. Now click on Continue button from Boot Home.

Step 13: Now try to Reset your PC

The thirteenth step I have for you is now try to reset your pc. ( I think the issue will be fixed )

:)

Rahul Kumar Singh 123, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Tankachoo Win User
    Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc :)

-

Tankachoo, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc

resetting the pc

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to software corruption. To properly isolate the issue, kindly verify the following:

• Have you performed Reset this PC option?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to fix the issue?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc

1. Fixed Issue: There was a problem resetting your pc - Similar Threads - Fixed Issue was

2. There was problem resetting your Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was problem resetting your Pc: Im unable to reset my pc I have tried all steps here advised by community all youtube tricks tried through boot option in troubleshoot reset option is missing reagent is not enabling Im trying to reset because I had installed game due to that my windows securtiy stopped...
  3. There was problem resetting your Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There was problem resetting your Pc: Im unable to reset my pc I have tried all steps here advised by community all youtube tricks tried through boot option in troubleshoot reset option is missing reagent is not enabling Im trying to reset because I had installed game due to that my windows securtiy stopped...
  4. There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a problem resetting your PC: Hello,My PC is stuck in a loop of Choose an option. I want to just reset it to Clean Windows install.When I try to do it, it says There was a problem Resetting your PC.I would like to use my computer, Any help appreciated...
  5. There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a problem resetting your PC: Hello,My PC is stuck in a loop of Choose an option. I want to just reset it to Clean Windows install.When I try to do it, it says There was a problem Resetting your PC.I would like to use my computer, Any help appreciated...
  6. There is problem in reset your pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is problem in reset your pc.: My laptop doesn't boot properly it shows your PC does not start properly I tried every method and at the end I got for reset your pc without losing yours files but it also show error that their is some problem No changes were made can you please help me. All I see blue screen...
  7. Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC": I've read so many guides to this now, but I am eternally stuck. I am simply trying to reset to factory settings, but after 1% progress I get "There was a problem resetting your PC". I've attempted sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, but I get "Windows Resource Protection...
  8. How to fix the "There was a problem resetting your PC" error

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to fix the "There was a problem resetting your PC" error: Windows 10 is an operating system with a fair share of issues. There are, however, built-in solutions for many of these. For example, when there is an issue during booting, Windows resorts to the Automatic Repair wizard, which should fix the issue. But if that fails, the...
  9. Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX: How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8. This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC. This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10. Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it...
  10. There is a problem resetting your pc

There is a problem resetting your pc: its almost two days that I'm trying to reset my pc but I am getting an error "There is a problem resetting your pc". The reason why I am resetting are due to browsers (ie, chrome, Mozilla, opera) cant connect thru the internet and skype cant login. *cry I tried to read some...