Windows 10: FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI

Discus and support FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been lurking the website for few days now trying to fix my new gaming laptop problem. The issue was spikes on the ping every 10-15 secs. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hexsneaker, Dec 27, 2018.

1. FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI

Hi, I have been lurking the website for few days now trying to fix my new gaming laptop problem. The issue was spikes on the ping every 10-15 secs. It would go so high that gaming was unbearable. I tried everything, changed hardware router and modem, reinstall windows (even though this laptop is only few weeks old), Bios upgrades, drivers upgrades, all the suggested guides in this forum.

What gave me an advantage is the fact that I had 2 laptops and one was only doing it. The second laptop was not doing it at all. What helped is when someone in the forum mentioned about disabling services in windows. I turned them on and off one at a time. Here are the several possible answers:

1. one drive syncing

2. enpass ( if you have that)

3. any cloud base folder that is not syncing right

4. antivirus that is syncing every 10-15 seconds with database.

5. lastly on my part ( location services) in windows

I tried them all and only number 5 worked. However through my reading of locked threads these are the multiple options that can help with your problem. I just wanted to help out, since most of the threads that has the previous answers are closed.

Thanks for reading. FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI 689d972e-cc32-4c30-9380-9f78be03a1b4?upload=true.png

:)

hexsneaker, Dec 27, 2018

2. Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes

I recently moved so I was forced to switch from LAN to WIFI. In my mind I thought, it would be only slightly worse but I was wrong. I couldn't play any multiplayer game because the lags and disconnects were so bad. First I thought
    it was my hardware, so I switched to a better WIFI dongle but that didn't help either. So I started google... That's when I found the problem. Every 5-6 secs I have a ping increase of about 2000-3000ms.

FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI edf4c901-2162-4a1a-bdee-07dc88f18c61?upload=true.jpg

I found also an solution, many tries later. First I tried disabling Windows Updates uploading to other PC, or disabling One Drive, nothing worked.

Finally I came across a thread there someone suggested disabling Wlanautoconfig with this command:

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="name of your wireless network here"

To my surprise that worked, and solved all the ping spikes.

FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI d7e5a87c-e53b-4da9-9a34-bc5fdf5fd475?upload=true.jpg

It runs smoothly around 30ms. (I have no real explanation to why this works, so if someone could explain it to me would be great.)

That's the point where my new problem starts. This is only a temporary fix, because I have to do it every restart and it screws over the Wifi settings so I have to reset the Network too, to find my Wifi again, connect
    to it and then apply the fix .

To get to the point, is there a way to fix this problem for good?

PS: Sorry for the lousy editing, first question here, so not quite familiar with the tools.

Shatterhand248, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Inno14 Win User
    QUALCOMM ATHEROS AR956x PING SPIKES IN GAME,PLEASE HELP ME

I have ping spikes:the ping is 30-50 and every 5-10 seconds become 1000-2000,the ping spikes is for 2-3 seconds.

I try change dns,i try update driver to last version and i try reinstall driver,but ping spikes problem is no solved.My laptop is lenovo y50-70,my network card is qualcomm atheros ar956x,my driver version is 10.0.0.329(last version).

My driver card default setting is:

802.11b Preamble:long and short

adhoc 11n:disable

receive buffers:256

scan valid interval:60

trasmit buffers:512

Help me please

Inno14, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Levi_1134 Win User

FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI

ping 1000+ why does my laptop do this?

I enjoy gaming on my windows 10 laptop, games I play work just fine but every now and then my ping will increase from 75 to 1000-2000+ sometimes which can be very irritating. I am unaware of how to fix this problem, we have gotten different routers, modems,
    everything but lag spikes are still overly common. does anyone know how to fix this or is it just the computer?

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

Levi_1134, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI

1. FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI - Similar Threads - FIXED PING SPIKES

2. How to fix ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix ping spikes: Hello,This is my first ever post so I'm not exactly sure how it works, but hopefully it will turn out good. Anyways, I've been getting massive ping spikes every 2 minutes or so, which is extremely annoying when playing video games. The ping spike lasted for about 3 second in...
  3. How to fix ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix ping spikes: Hello,This is my first ever post so I'm not exactly sure how it works, but hopefully it will turn out good. Anyways, I've been getting massive ping spikes every 2 minutes or so, which is extremely annoying when playing video games. The ping spike lasted for about 3 second in...
  4. wifi issues, constant ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi issues, constant ping spikes: hello, i am having issues with my wifi connection on a brand new laptop. i keep getting constant ping spikes that look like this:to ensure it is not the problem of the wifi itself, i checked using the same wifi on another laptop and the ping is stable. to ensure it is not the...
  5. wifi issues, constant ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi issues, constant ping spikes: hello, i am having issues with my wifi connection on a brand new laptop. i keep getting constant ping spikes that look like this:to ensure it is not the problem of the wifi itself, i checked using the same wifi on another laptop and the ping is stable. to ensure it is not the...
  6. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  7. Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the internet seems to be slow when playing a game or downloading a file even at high speed, then there can be an issue with the ping. Ping Spikes often cause sudden lag and route congestion through which your data travels from your personal computer to the server...
  8. Wifi Ping Spiking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Ping Spiking: hello i tried "wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface=" and it said "no such network exists" and such and such. did device manager look up, copied the name and still gave me the same error. i am doing this because i keep spiking ping when i do ping -t 8.8.8.8 and this...
  9. Ping spiking to 1000 in every game on Roblox with good internet

Ping spiking to 1000 in every game on Roblox with good internet: Alright, so before you say it's my internet, it's not. I can watch 4k videos without any buffering and every other application that needs a strong internet download speed runs perfectly fine. It's just Roblox, and I don't know what to do about it. Every 3 seconds my ping goes...
  10. Wifi ping spikes

Wifi ping spikes: Hello, I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection. It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ping spikes on wifi

2. 2000 ping spikes

3. 2000 pingg spikes

4. ping keeps spiking to 1000,
  5. ping spikes 6000,
  6. ping spikes to 1000,
  7. ping going over 2000,
  8. windows location services ping spikes,
  9. 3000ms wifi ping spikes,
  10. random spikes to 2000ms when trying to ping router,
  11. ping requests 2000ms,