Windows 10: [FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding

Discus and support [FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If your Windows 10 is losing WiFi signal strength and says "No Internet Connection" while other devices are connected just fine, chances are, DHCP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OriginalTargaryen, Apr 17, 2020.

1. [FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding

If your Windows 10 is losing WiFi signal strength and says "No Internet Connection" while other devices are connected just fine, chances are, DHCP Server didn't hand your Windows Device a valid IP address. The solution resides in the following steps:

1. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi
    2. Click on your network's SSID the name of your Wi-Fi network e.g. Home Wifi
    3. Set the Network Profile to Private
    4. Scroll down to IP Settings and click Edit
    5. Change from Automatic DHCP to Manual
    6. Toggle IPv4.
    7. Run as Administrator Command Prompt
    8. Type the following command ipconfig /all and hit enter
    9. Scroll down to DHCP Server. Copy that number by highlighting it with your mouse and pressing Enter.
    10. Back in the Settings window we opened in step 01, paste the number you copied fromCommand Prompt in the IP Address field. The number should look something like this after you paste it: 192.168.1.1
    11. Delete the last digit, in my example in step 10, it's the red 1.
    12. Type any number of your choosing between 5-30
    13. In the Subnet Prefix Length field, paste this exact number: 255.255.255.0
    14. In the Gateway field, paste the exact number you copied in step 10. In my example, it's 192.168.1.1
    15. In Preferred DNS field, paste this number: 8.8.8.8
    16. In Alternate DNS field, paste this number: 8.8.4.4
    17. Click Save.

In case the internet didn't work, repeat from step 12 to step 17. This time try a higher number than the one you chose earlier in Step 12.

This should solve your problem in case you have already tried the below methods and they didn't work. If you haven't, and the problem persists, try these methods until one of them works.

METHOD #1

Reset Network Adapter and DNS using Command Prompt

1. Run as Administrator Command Prompt
    2. Type the following commands, pressing enter after finishing each one:

netsh winsock reset​

ipconfig /release​

netsh int ip reset​

ipconfig /flushdns​

ipconfig /renew​

Exit Command Prompt

Restart your PC.

If the problem persists, try Method #2

METHOD #2

Reset Network Adapter usingDevice Manager

1. Click Windows button + X
    2. Select Device Manager
    3. Open Network Adapters
    4. Right-click on your network adapter, click Uninstall device. In the window that pops upUNCHECK Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Uninstall button
    6. Restart Your PC

It should reinstall your adapter automatically. If it didn't, follow Step 01 and 02. Then, Click Action > Scan for hardware changes from the top menu lists.

If the problem persists, try Method #3

METHOD #3

Update Your Network Adapter Driver​

This is for more advanced users, proceed at your own risk​

2. Select Device Manager
    3. Open Network Adapters
    4. Notice the make and model, including numbers and letters of your network adapter. Recommended Action: Write them down on a paper.
    5. Use Bing or Google by typing what you copied from Step 04 in the search field.
    6. The top results should be your Network Adapter manufacturer. If your network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros, make sure you go toQualcomm.com and not any other site.
    7. Find the Downloads page, usually, manufacturers list it within theSupport page.
    8. Find your network adapter's model the numbers and/or letters that follow the manufacturer's name, example: Atheros 954xxx
    9. Download the latest driver, if available.

Do NOT download any driver that does not has the exact model number and/or letters. If one number is different e.g. 955xxx instead of 954xxx do NOT download it, installing the wrong driver will damage your hardware irreversibly. If you're not sure, I recommend hiring an expert.

Assuming you found your correct driver, and now that the download is finished, you need to update your network adapter's driver. Follow the steps below.

2. Select Device Manager
    3. Open Network Adapters
    4. Right-click on your network adapter > Update Driver
    5. A window will pop up. Choose Browse my computer for driver. On the next window, click theBrowse... button.
    6. Locate the driver you downloaded from the website.
    7. Press select.
    8. Restart your PC

:)

OriginalTargaryen, Apr 17, 2020

2. How do I fix the the DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10?

I can not fix the "DNS Server Not Responding" error on my personal laptop (Windows 10 [on my work laptop in order to post]).

I have followed help steps from:

How to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10?

Solve DNS Server Not Responding Errors on Your Network

How to Release and Renew IP Addresses in Windows

Resetting Testing for - Microsoft Community

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...nection-issues

All which have not resolved the DNS connection issue.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

AussieStudent81, Apr 17, 2020
  3. DNS server isn't responding Windows 10

I just updated to Windows 10 from 8.1.

I've been trying to connect to the internet through my WIFI but I keep getting the message on Network and Sharing Center access type "not connected" and when I run the diagnostic it says my DNS server isn't responding.

I've went to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and changed the properties to "obtain IP automatically" and it still won't connect to the router. It will connect through the Ethernet cable.

Any suggestions?

RandyO'Neal, Apr 17, 2020
  4. TCGPA Win User

[FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding

DNS server not responding

I still have Internet connection, but I can't access any websites due to DNS server not responding. How do I fix this?

TCGPA, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

[FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding

1. [FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding - Similar Threads - FIXED WiFi connected

2. fix DNS server is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix DNS server is not responding: I am getting a troubleshooting response "the DNS server is not responding" . I am using W10. Is there a Microsoft fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-dns-server-is-not-responding/845380f8-a1f5-463b-b197-cd424f338502
  3. fix DNS server is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix DNS server is not responding: I am getting a troubleshooting response "the DNS server is not responding" . I am using W10. Is there a Microsoft fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-dns-server-is-not-responding/845380f8-a1f5-463b-b197-cd424f338502
  4. fix DNS server is not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The DNS server isn't responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DNS server isn't responding: What do I do to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-server-isnt-responding/eb59568a-9590-4152-ab29-607a36d9a8c6
  6. The DNS server isn't responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DNS server isn't responding: What do I do to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dns-server-isnt-responding/eb59568a-9590-4152-ab29-607a36d9a8c6
  7. The DNS server isn't responding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The DNS server isn't responding: When I wake my computer in the morning, the network access icon in the systray changes to "connected' after a few seconds but I cannot access the internet. I run Troubleshoot and get the message "the dns server isn't responding." Restarting the browser and email client does...
  8. "The DNS server isn't responding"

"The DNS server isn't responding": Hello, I recently get the error as written in title for my internet. When I troubleshoot that error pops up, how can I fix it? I have tried all possible solutions and what is the cause for it?...
  9. DNS Server Isn't Responding

DNS Server Isn't Responding: Ive been having trouble with my PC disconnecting from its WiFi connection and unable to reconnect. At thr moment when I run Windows Network Diagnostics it returns The DNS server isn't responding. I've tried following online instructions to go through control panel, and...
  10. Windows 10 PC DNS server isn't responding

Windows 10 PC DNS server isn't responding: I tried restarting my router and my PC, didn't work. I tried using ipconfig prompt commands, didn't work. I tried a network reset, didn't work. I can ping my router, but nothing external. also, all my IPs and stuff are automatic....