Windows 10: [FIXED] Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't...

Discus and support [FIXED] Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition. I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FirozHari, May 7, 2020.

1. FirozHari Win User

[FIXED] Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't...

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition.

I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and up again, The log-in screen is blank. I have to put it to sleep and re-enter.

When I do that, the error comes up saying "Something happened and your pin isn't available".

Edit:

I have tried deleting ncg and entering new pin - Did not work.

I have tried Creating a local account and changing pin there and changing back to admin account - Did not work.

I have tried editing the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System PINLogon file -Did not work.

I do not have a problem logging in with password. But I want to use the Facial Recognition.

Please help.

FIX:

1. I was using Windows 10 Home Edition and it did not have Group Policy enabled. I first installed it using. the guide below:

https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/

2. As Anthony De Jesus mentioned in the link he providedhttps://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/, I used Method 2: Enable Biometrics Via Local Group Policy Editor.

3. I was having an issues that the bio-metric was working but face was not recognized. Loading was stuck at after the facial recognition. So disabled the “Configure enhanced anti spoofing” feature in the Group Policy. Mentioned as a note in Method. 2 of the guide above.

:)

FirozHari, May 7, 2020
  2. Beitawi Win User

Windows Hello Bio-metric Login Failure Detection

Greetings,

We are trying to set up Windows Hello in our environment using biometrics (Fingerprint or Facial Recognition).

We managed to get it to work, but we are facing a show stopper, the failed logins must be recorded/logged, usually this is done with the logon auditing settings.

Using Windows Hello will only log PIN login failures, while it will not log any biometric failure anywhere.

DId anybody face such problem or did anybody managed to capture a failed bio-metric login on Windows Hello?

If this is a limitation from Windows Hello, is there any thrid party bio-metric solutions that can provide such feature?

Thanks,

Datacenter Solutions Architect.

Beitawi, May 7, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 7, 2020
  4. [FIXED] Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't...

bio metric device not working

hi,

my laptop bio metric device not working. i reinstalled windows 10 including drivers and check problem was same. its not prompt finger scanner. what should i do fixing this issue. windows 10 is up to date. please help me.

ChandanaLasanka, May 7, 2020
Thema:

[FIXED] Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't...

1. [FIXED] Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't... - Similar Threads - FIXED hello Bio

2. Something happened and your pin isn't available. Need a fix

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your pin isn't available. Need a fix: Your pin is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/6ed83075-c73b-471f-b212-c326605efe7d
  3. Something happened and your pin isn't available. Need a fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your pin isn't available. Need a fix: Your pin is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/6ed83075-c73b-471f-b212-c326605efe7d
  4. Something happened and your pin isn't available. Need a fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Something happened and your PIN isn't available.

Something happened and your PIN isn't available.: Unable to login at all even in safe mode. Tried to reset PC but no option to keep my app/programs. Windows hello cant lod camera.No recovery point was created...
  6. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available: When I open my laptop and try to log in it says something happened and your pin isn't availableI tried restarting and turning off my laptopIt started happening after I tried to reset my laptop because it was bluescreening and when I tried to reset it it didn't work and then...
  7. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

Something happened and your PIN isn't available: Something happened and your PIN isn't available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/3e7a52b4-56e1-44c0-ad00-62924e2ff901
  8. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

Something happened and your PIN isn't available: ...Click to set up your PIN again.But if I click that I see Just a moment... and nothing really happens and Windows goes back to the Something happened. How do I get a working Windows 11 system?...
  9. Something happened and your pin isn't available

Something happened and your pin isn't available: I cant sign in to my laptop because it says that.There is no wifi button in lockscreen and i tried to connect in LAN portI tried also to reset and startup repair and it doesntThanks for helping...
  10. Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't available.

Windows hello Bio-metrics not working because something happened and your PIN isn't available.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition. I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and up again, The log-in screen is blank. I have to put it to sleep and re-enter. When I do that, the error comes up saying...