Windows 10: Fixes to failed Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Fixes to failed Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2Failed to install on ‎5/‎5/‎2021 - 0xc1900101Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2Last failed install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Doming123, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Doming123 Win User

Fixes to failed Windows 10 Updates

Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2Failed to install on ‎5/‎5/‎2021 - 0xc1900101Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2Last failed install attempt on ‎3/‎22/‎2021 - 0x8007042bFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004 3Last failed install attempt on ‎3/‎13/‎2021 - 0xc1900101Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 3Last failed install attempt on ‎1/‎6/‎2021 - 0xc1900101Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2Last failed install attempt on ‎12/‎4/‎2020 - 0x80242016

:)

Doming123, Jun 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2021
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Fixes to failed Windows 10 Updates

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Fixes to failed Windows 10 Updates

1. Fixes to failed Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Fixes failed Updates

2. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  3. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed: To help you understand all the effort I and the Volunteer Moderator put into this you can see it at which is now locked:Failed Update of feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 - Microsoft CommunityJust yesterday I solved the issue which to all intents appeared...
  4. Windows Update Consistently Failing - Fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WINDOWS UPDATE FAILS+FIX?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS UPDATE FAILS+FIX?: Hi This updates keeps failing what could be wrong using windows 10 64bit>> Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failsfix/495ab96b-53cf-4d74-a0bb-7f6d0c823ed8
  6. WINDOWS UPDATE FAILS+FIX?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS UPDATE FAILS+FIX?: Hi This updates keeps failing what could be wrong using windows 10 64bit>> Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failsfix/495ab96b-53cf-4d74-a0bb-7f6d0c823ed8
  7. WINDOWS UPDATE FAILS+FIX?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Fix Firmware update failed in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Firmware update failed in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Firmware is a software embedded on a piece of hardware. It performs different functions, like basic I/O tasks, and offers instructions to a device to communicate with other devices. When we hear the term Firmware, most of us relate it to the computer and think that it...
  9. Update fix failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update fix failed: Hi I have a Asus Vivobook X405u running W10 V 10h2 Build 19042.95 Update has been showing "2021-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5004237)"When I click on Install it shows "Installing - 0%" but goes no further.I have left it several...
  10. Fix Windows 10 Updates failed Error 0X80242FFF

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Updates failed Error 0X80242FFF: Error 0x80242fff is generally faced by Windows users when they’re trying to install a Windows Update. Given how important Windows updates are, it is key for users to be aware of relevant errors. Error 0x80242fff is most often faced by users when they are trying to upgrade...