Windows 10: Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile

Discus and support Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've got some questions about this post, Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows. First, I may have missed it when reading the article I've linked to,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rod at Work, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile

I've got some questions about this post, Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows. First, I may have missed it when reading the article I've linked to, but I don't see how I am to disconnect the old profile from my Microsoft account, to connect my Microsoft account to the new profile.

My Windows 10 machine is in a workgroup. Its at home.

Second, is related to the first, how do I get the new, local account associated with my Microsoft account?

:)

Rod at Work, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 24, 2020
  3. TopazPaul Win User
    Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10

Source: Windows 10 sporadic user profile corruption (default/ntuser.dat locked by SYSTEM)

After Enterprise deployment of Windows 10; organisations are faced with sporadic user profile corruption.

Scenario:

• The corruption seem to happen for the 2nd user and other users from then on.
    • The corruption seem to follow a 'Sleep' phase (after the machine wakes up)
    • The corruption seem to happen if the 'Sleep' extends over night.
    • The corruption only seem to happen if the 'currently logged on' user is not logged out but the new user logs-in by 'switching accounts'.
    • Event logs specify the C:\default\ntuser.dat file being locked by the SYSTEM user.
    Solution:

My supposition is that this might be a BUG in the new user profile creation process in Windows 10. But the below implementation fixes the above issue gracefully and permanently.

In short, C:\default\ntuser.dat is locked by the SYSTEM; only the SYSTEM can give it back to you. So request the SYSTEM to release control politely. Ask the SYSTEM to release control on event ‘On Local disconnect from any user session’.

Create a schedule task using AD group policy with the below configuration.

Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile [​IMG]

Any question please message me.

Topaz Paul

TopazPaul, Aug 24, 2020
  4. AnnyLaird Win User

Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile

Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10

AnnyLaird, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile

1. Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile - Similar Threads - Fixing corrupted user

2. Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10: Hello,I'm getting an error "We can't sign in to your account." I have tried several things:Restarting in safe mode as per this page, and verified my files still exist. Restarting in normal mode does not resolve the problem. After trying this several times I moved onto the...
  3. Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10: Hello,I'm getting an error "We can't sign in to your account." I have tried several things:Restarting in safe mode as per this page, and verified my files still exist. Restarting in normal mode does not resolve the problem. After trying this several times I moved onto the...
  4. Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Corrupted user profile

Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  6. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  7. Windows 10 - User Profile corrupted / how to fix

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - User Profile corrupted / how to fix: My user name disappeared from the login screen. I can access the CMD menu by clicking Shift-Restart from start up screen as "Administrator X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" opens up. From there I'm stuck. Various web searches techniques to create a new user name / password,...
  8. User profile corrupted, repair/fix

User profile corrupted, repair/fix: It appears my Microsoft Account/Windows 10 user profile is corrupted. I have been unable to install some? apps from the Microsoft Store, specifically People and MSN Weather. Also, I recently tried to install updates for my church accounting software. It started and then...
  9. Fixing a corrupt user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixing a corrupt user profile: I've been trying off and on for months trying to get Microsoft Ultimate Word Games to sync with the cloud, but I can't do it. I've read that I have a corrupt user profile as far as MUWG is concerned--my other games [Microsoft Solitaire, etc.] have no problem syncing, so I...
  10. How to fix a Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix a Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you tried to log on to Windows 10 and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can […] This post How to fix a Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...