Windows 10: “Fixing (C:) Stage 1...” has been processing for days

Discus and support “Fixing (C:) Stage 1...” has been processing for days in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I left my computer on several days ago and after walking away from it... I returned to it on its startup screen with the following line across the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kisa_puppy, Oct 19, 2019.

1. “Fixing (C:) Stage 1...” has been processing for days

I left my computer on several days ago and after walking away from it...

I returned to it on its startup screen with the following line across the bottom (the values are the most recent but started from—at least when I finally returned to my computer—when I found it at Stage 1: 51% and total 18%):

Fixing (C“Fixing (C:) Stage 1...” has been processing for days :) Stage 1: 53% (295928 of 556800); Total: 19%; ETA: 966:12:12

I have searched a bit for what to do but have basically found that what you need to do is just be patient and wait it out until it finishes.

So I have 3 questions:

1. How long should I expect for it to take? It’s already been almost a week and the total percentage only increased by one so far.
    2. Is it ok to interrupt it by turning my computer off?— because there’s no sign of it finishing anytime soon and I need to use my computer.
    3. What does the “ETA” part stand for? Is it estimated time to finish, elapsed time, or something else entirely?

Thank you in advance for any help you have in answering my questions.

:)

Kisa_puppy, Oct 19, 2019
  2. EkanshDas Win User

fixing c stage 1 5 % ( 248589 of 427520 ) total 2 % eta 103.59.00

fixing c stage 1 5 % ( 248589 of 427520 ) total 2 % eta 103.59.00y laptop shut down automatically saying " problem needs to restart " after that it stuck then this message was seen fixing
    c stage 1 5 % ( 248589 of 427520 ) total 2 % eta 103.59.00 whats ot says

EkanshDas, Oct 19, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 19, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

“Fixing (C:) Stage 1...” has been processing for days

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

“Fixing (C:) Stage 1...” has been processing for days

1. “Fixing (C:) Stage 1...” has been processing for days - Similar Threads - “Fixing Stage ”

2. Will "Fixing C: Stage 1" damage my files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will "Fixing C: Stage 1" damage my files?: When I open my computer the screen just has the windows 10 logo and below it the Fixing C: Stage 1.I tried skipping this check but it doesn't do anything so I thought to just let it do its work but I'm scared that it might mess up my files This is the first time I've seen...
  3. Will "Fixing C: Stage 1" damage my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will "Fixing C: Stage 1" damage my files?: When I open my computer the screen just has the windows 10 logo and below it the Fixing C: Stage 1.I tried skipping this check but it doesn't do anything so I thought to just let it do its work but I'm scared that it might mess up my files This is the first time I've seen...
  4. Will "Fixing C: Stage 1" damage my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fixing C Stage 1 Problem Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fixing C Stage 1 Problem Disk Checking: Hi everyone I have a disk check problem. I restarted my PC 2 days ago and it went to "Fixing C Stage 1" . I left it for about 12 hours and after Stage 5 it went back to Stage 1, yesterday it did the same thing and went to stage 1 after stage 5, today the same. I shut it down...
  6. Fixing C: Stage 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fixing C: Stage 1: Today a notification on my laptop appeared saying “click here to restart” along with some sort of error message, I clicked as I didn’t want any issues with my pc and the admin prompt appeared asking for the admin password to run “microsoft fsavailux” after running this...
  7. Fixing C: in stages

Fixing C: in stages: I have a new laptop and as backing up my files to an external drive using Robocopy. It was going on for a long time and I didn't see any progress and was unable to find it in Task Manager, so I finally just shut it down for the night. In the morning when I rebooted, I got the...
  8. fixing c: stage 1. it got thru the stage 1 process and now has been stuck in this loop...

fixing c: stage 1. it got thru the stage 1 process and now has been stuck in this loop...: my computer was running slow last friday so i turned it off and turned it back on again. when i turned it on it said fixing c: stage 1. it got thru the stage 1 process and now has been stuck in this loop fixing c: stage 2 0% 3814 of 907852 total 28%; ETA 72:21:10 since sunday...
  9. Fixing C: Stage 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fixing C: Stage 1: I updated my computer on Sunday. It restarted after the update but the log in screen would not boot up. It would not turn off so I removed the battery. After removing the battery I got the fixing C Stage 1. I let it run for 24 hours the first time but it was running the cycle...
  10. Fixing c: stage 1: error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixing c: stage 1: error: Hi I have this error in my laptop 3 years old from today morning. Fixing c: stage 1: 64% estimated time 9 hours The estimated time keeps increasing. The information on online is confusing. Some say to let it run forever others to abort immediately and boot from usb. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Fixing C stage 1

2. windows 10 fixing c stage 1

3. fixing c: stage 1

4. fixing (c) stage 1,
  5. fixing stage 1 windows 10,
  6. fixing c stage 1 eta,
  7. fixing c stage 1 hp,
  8. fixing stage 1 stuck,
  9. fixing (c) stage 1 artinya,
  10. fixing c stage 1 windows 10,
  11. fixing drive stage 1,