Windows 10: Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..

Discus and support Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to dual boot and install Ubuntu on it. I shrunk the size of my partition and made a small one for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChungKingCanSuckIt, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..

So I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to dual boot and install Ubuntu on it. I shrunk the size of my partition and made a small one for Ubuntu. It now boots up automatically when I turn the computer on.

If I go into boot options and select hard drive to boot rather than Ubuntu it doesn't work. I get this:

https://i.imgur.com/HR6EkiF.jpg

I posted elsewhere that I see the following partitions:

There's 7 partitions that are all named loop0, loop1, loop2, etc. Filesystem type is squashfs and mountpoint is mostly /snap/gnome/some other stuff here. One of them is /snap/core/some other stuff here and one of them is /snap-gtk-common-themes.

Then there's windows and 4 for Ubuntu.

Someone commented: "Yup. The needed ones are all gone. That's why you can't boot into windows."

I can see my Windows partition, I'm not sure what other ones he's referring to.

What should I do to try and repair it to get into Windows?

submitted by /u/ChungKingCanSuckIt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChungKingCanSuckIt, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Dual Boot?

I can help here iv had both i used partition magic to split my HDD and i installed vista on one and xp was already on the other only problem is id watch out if i were you for some reason vista does not like to dual boot iv seen this on a couple of my machines and my buddys. so step one have xp installed step 2 find a partitioner of your choice i dont know of any except partition magic and the one included on xp...only thing is i dont think the one on xp will even partition them...then pop in your vista DVD and select the drive of your choice....the only thing i can think of that causes vista to hate dual booting sooo much is that when their are 2 OS's installed xp uses its own prog to list them on boot well vista uses a totally diff boot loader than the previous os's and i think they conflict the problems i hade were the standard missing windows folder missing HAL.dll and the nt one dont remember the name.....that and after your done vista and boot into xp things didnt like to start correctly specially if you scan disk with vista.

Solaris17, Nov 4, 2019
  3. dmkkg Win User
    Upgrading on a dual boot machine

I have a dual boot machine with Windows 7 and 8.1. Both installions are entitled to receive the free upgrade. Is it possible to have a dual boot machine with two installations of windows 10?

dmkkg, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..

Re-install xp in dual-boot configuration

I had an installation of xp . Then I added an installation of windows 7 and dual-booted both. Now the xp installation won`t boot and I want to repair / re-install it. If I do this , will it remove the windows 7 boot-loader and if it does then how do I get back my working dual-boot configuration ?

francis511, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..

1. Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows.. - Similar Threads - Fixing dual boot

2. Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine: First, I'm coming off of an ASUS ROG Strix GL703V that died after over 4 yrs of near flawless operation. This was a hardware death not a disc crash. In over 35 yrs of owning various laptops, I've never had one die on me, plenty of disc crashes tho. With that said, I was able...
  3. Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10 on a Win11 machine: First, I'm coming off of an ASUS ROG Strix GL703V that died after over 4 yrs of near flawless operation. This was a hardware death not a disc crash. In over 35 yrs of owning various laptops, I've never had one die on me, plenty of disc crashes tho. With that said, I was able...
  4. Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine: Hey there,I brought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 pre-installed. Windows 11 is good, but I have been facing audio driver issue, some stuttering while shutdown and restart quite weird for a device running AMD Ryzen 5800H, 16GB RAM and 1TB nvme SSD and other software...
  5. Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine: Hey there,I brought a new laptop that comes with Windows 11 pre-installed. Windows 11 is good, but I have been facing audio driver issue, some stuttering while shutdown and restart quite weird for a device running AMD Ryzen 5800H, 16GB RAM and 1TB nvme SSD and other software...
  6. Dual boot Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows won't show in dual boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't show in dual boot: I recently started dual booting on my pc. Today I turned my pc on and windows was not an option to boot to. I tried creating a windows usb on my phone but my computer won't let me boot from the usb. I tried changing the boot order to and that didn't work either. I have no...
  8. Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.: I decided (more out of academic interest than need) that I would setup windows 10586 in a vm on VMWARE, and also Insider version. Problem was I could not find anyway of doing this. You could install first version, but how to install second version, as you automatically...
  9. Dual-Boot 10 and 7,... 7 won't boot

Dual-Boot 10 and 7,... 7 won't boot: Below is a listing of my rig's internals. This was my umty-8th build 6years ago, with the Crucial M4 SSD and the Program drive and the Backup drive. The 1TB game drive was added about two years ago. Note: This rig has been nothing but fast and trouble free. Also, I build...
  10. Upgrade to Win10 on a dual-boot machine

Upgrade to Win10 on a dual-boot machine: For some work that I am still doing after retirement I need a dual boot machine consequently my Windows 7 Ultimate lives alongside Ubuntu 12.04 with a shared data partition. Does anyone know if it will be safe to upgrade to Windows 10 without wiping Linux? I am still using...