Windows 10: Fixing ghost monitor issue

Discus and support Fixing ghost monitor issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, i have three monitors set up on my PC. Two are through the geforce card and one is via the onboard intel card. Every day now i constantly have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by durangod, Jun 5, 2019.

1. durangod Win User

Fixing ghost monitor issue

Hi, i have three monitors set up on my PC. Two are through the geforce card and one is via the onboard intel card.

Every day now i constantly have to re-detect my monitors because it always changes to 4 monitors after i wake up the PC from sleep mode. Once i choose detect on the display setup window it goes back to three.

I have the latest drivers for both my geforce and intel i just updated today to be sure.

What could be causing this?

Thanks ")

:)

durangod, Jun 5, 2019

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Fixing ghost monitor issue

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Fixing ghost monitor issue

1. Fixing ghost monitor issue - Similar Threads - Fixing ghost monitor

2. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC recognising "ghost" monitor: I´m asking this question for my partner. She has a desktop PC which uses a VGA > HDMI cable to connect to her monitor. I borrowed her monitor to use on my laptop and i used a HDMI cable on both ends. Now when trying to use her computer after few months it recognizes an...
  3. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC recognising "ghost" monitor: I´m asking this question for my partner. She has a desktop PC which uses a VGA > HDMI cable to connect to her monitor. I borrowed her monitor to use on my laptop and i used a HDMI cable on both ends. Now when trying to use her computer after few months it recognizes an...
  4. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in: Windows 10 pro 19042.867 This issue is something that has been haunting me for some time now and just recently I discovered what could be the culprit. I came across this because of a videogame called osu!. Long story short, the game renders your cursor by itself ( so no...
  6. Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in device manager,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in device manager,...: This issue is something that has been haunting me for some time now and just recently I discovered what could be the culprit. I came across this because of a videogame called osu!. Long story short, the game renders your cursor by itself ( so no windows pointer or...
  7. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost monitor problem second desktop: One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the taskbar. I could get it back to the "first screen" by opening Discrod on the miniature icons on the far right of the...
  8. ghost monitor removal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ghost monitor removal: I only have one monitor but display settings say i have two and that im using number 2, device manager reports it as generic non-pnp monitor, i can disable it or uninstall it from device settings but i still have the ghost monitor. If i uninstall it it just comes back after...
  9. How to fix the Ghost touch screen issue on the ASUS S200E?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix the Ghost touch screen issue on the ASUS S200E?: While I was working on my project, I left my laptop on and have the charger plugged in, after a few minutes later, the laptop's cursor disappeared and there are white bubbles on the screen on the left of my screen. When I try to use the touchpad to take control it just...
  10. Ghost monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost monitor?: My computer thinks I have two screens plugged in when I only have one, how can I fix this? submitted by /u/Im-Real-Human [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghf8oo/ghost_monitor/