Windows 10: Fixing ghost monitor issue

Discus and support Fixing ghost monitor issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, i have three monitors set up on my PC. Two are through the geforce card and one is via the onboard intel card. Every day now i constantly have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by durangod, Jun 5, 2019.

1. durangod Win User

Fixing ghost monitor issue

Hi, i have three monitors set up on my PC. Two are through the geforce card and one is via the onboard intel card.

Every day now i constantly have to re-detect my monitors because it always changes to 4 monitors after i wake up the PC from sleep mode. Once i choose detect on the display setup window it goes back to three.

I have the latest drivers for both my geforce and intel i just updated today to be sure.

What could be causing this?

Thanks ")

:)

durangod, Jun 5, 2019

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Fixing ghost monitor issue

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Fixing ghost monitor issue

1. Fixing ghost monitor issue - Similar Threads - Fixing ghost monitor

2. Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor issue: my monitor has blotches and lines through it? is it ruined for life? Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/monitor-issue/384203f7-baa2-4ec8-ae04-19a66e523d6b
  3. Fix the stuttering in external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix the stuttering in external monitors: I suppose it is windows 10 problem, I just bought a new external monitor for my laptop and any fps game is horribly stuttering. I have seen multiple complaints about this issue, I wonder is there any permanent fix for that or I will have to return my monitor back, because...
  4. Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Issue: I recently got a Samsung 22A300B 21.5" 1080p 60Hz as my temp 3rd monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer through my GTX1080, (even though the monitor says that the optimal resolution for it to be set at is 1080p) windows won't let me increase the resolution above...
  5. Fix For Ghost Recon Future Soldier on 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix For Ghost Recon Future Soldier on 10: Hello Everyone, i just did the upgrade to 10 from 7 yesterday, and everything seems to be working so far, still in testing mode, i downloaded the latest driver for windows 10 this morning and did a Clean install of the latest drivers , but when i launch ghost re con future...
  6. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor issue: Hi Guys, My computer just had the most recent update and its caused me a problem with my 2nd monitor. My main monitor is connected via HDMI and my 2nd is via DVI cable both to my graphics card. Since the update the screen still displays in its native 1920 x 1080 but the...
  7. Dual Monitor issue

Dual Monitor issue: Ok. Have always run at least dual monitors on all my systems. Had no problem with the Dell Monitor(VGA) I gave my buddy for his lappie. I have the HDMI port, and wanted to use a 19" TV to play WoW on of course...lol Hooks up fine, have no trouble spanning the desktop...
  8. Monitor Resolution Issue

Monitor Resolution Issue: Since upgrading my desktop PC to Windows 10, I've been having an issue with the monitor. Icons are large, and stretched out. So, I went in to change the resolution, and noticed that they display reads as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor," and when I try to change it to a higher...
  9. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...
  10. Two-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Two-monitor issues: I have a Surface Pro 3 with an external monitor & Microsoft's Surface Pro docking station. The displays are extended. Two issues though: 1. When docking the Surface, how to make the desktop icons automatically move from the touch screen to the external screen? The external...