Windows 10: fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed

Discus and support fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 202 all-in-one computer with W8.1 factory installed and using free upgrade for W10 and my computer crashed and I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DarrenFarley_143, Nov 15, 2018.

1. fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed

I have a Dell Inspiron 202 all-in-one computer with W8.1 factory installed and using free upgrade for W10 and my computer crashed and I have no recovery options say ed. I only have an Apple computer available to me to use to download anything that may help me fix my Windows computer. Can I download the recovery tool for W10 on this Apple computer and use the media to fix my Windows 10 Dell computer? Also if anyone has advice on ways to fix my computer I'd appreciate any help I can get. I am old and not good at useng a computer of any kind and can't afford to have a pro fix my computer. I apologize for being so computer stupid but I am and its just me.

:)

DarrenFarley_143, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Tolu MC Win User

Windows Product Key for DELL Inspiron One 2020

I bought a Dell Inspiron One 2020 from Dell.

It came with Win 8.

I upgraded it to Windows 10.

After a while, the hard drive crashed.

I downloaded Windows 10 iso and re-installed Windows.

However, I can't activate the product key because it is embedded in the BIOS.

How do I activate the product key I do not have access to?

Tolu MC, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Racefan73 Win User
    Windows 10 crashes Dell Inspiron

Has anyone upgraded a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron to Windows 10 and NOT had issues with it? I had upgraded mine and it caused my system to crash. I spent countless hours trying to fix it and ended up purchasing a recovery USB from Dell to get it going again.
    I'm getting a pop up that my computer is compatible and am offered an upgrade to Windows 10 but am hesitant to try it again. I've seen several posts from Dell users that have had the same issue. Not sure if it's a Dell problem or a Windows 10 problem.

Dell Inspiron and Windows 10

Racefan73, Nov 15, 2018
  4. groze Win User

fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed

Windows 10 killed my dell xps 2710

Others do you think it is safe for me to keep using windows 10 on my Dell All in one Inspiron 2020 computer?

Edited to add

The following device in the link listed have been tested by dell. I notice mine was tested but not the xps 2710 model. I would assume if it tested, it would be ok to keep using windows 10. My model is an Inspiron (AIO) 2020 listed in the bios as Inspiron One

Linked best viewed with Google Chrome Browser.

Für das Windows 10 October 2018 Update und frühere Versionen von Windows 10 getestete Dell Computer | Dell Deutschland

groze, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed

1. fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed - Similar Threads - fixing Dell Inspiron

2. My Windows 11 Dell Inspiron 15 3000 keeps crashing, how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Dell Inspiron 15 3000 keeps crashing, how to fix this?: The PC is relatively new, only about 3 years old. I have tried many different things, updating drivers, updating Windows, running all the diagnostic tools which all have not solved the issue. Currently attempting to debug and find the issue myself but could use some help....
  3. My Windows 11 Dell Inspiron 15 3000 keeps crashing, how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Dell Inspiron 15 3000 keeps crashing, how to fix this?: The PC is relatively new, only about 3 years old. I have tried many different things, updating drivers, updating Windows, running all the diagnostic tools which all have not solved the issue. Currently attempting to debug and find the issue myself but could use some help....
  4. Windows 11 Dell Inspiron 16 5620 Constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dell Inspiron 16 5620 Constantly crashing: I've had this Dell Inspiron 16 5620, but starting at the end of last month, it has been crashing at least once every day. It is almost always a 'Windows didn't load correctly" and seemingly crashes at random. I have tried things such as updating windows 11, reverting updates,...
  5. Question: Will upgrading my Dell Inspiron 7558 on October 31st, 2020 help with the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question: Will upgrading my Dell Inspiron 7558 on October 31st, 2020 help with the...: I want to be absolutely sure I can install the latest public build of Windows 10 and all the completely up-to-date versions of every Microsoft app built for Windows 10, especially Sticky Notes. I've been submitting a lot of crash reports to Mozilla as of late. Other than...
  6. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  7. fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fixing my Dell Inspiron 2020 after windows crashed: How can I reinstall W10 after my computer crashed and I lost all my recovery discs and my Dell Inspiron 2020 has W8.1 factory installed but it won't boot up after I turn it on. Also can I use an Apple computer to download the recovery tool and copy it to a disc and use the...
  8. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  9. New Dell Inspiron - Touchscreen - FIX PSA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Dell Inspiron - Touchscreen - FIX PSA: Friendly PSA I work as a computer technician and recently I have seen a lot of Dell Inspiron 13 and 15 inch models come in with a completely non-functional touch screen even brand new out of the box. There is a new firmware update from Dell's website if you put your...
  10. How do I fix my Dell Inspiron laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix my Dell Inspiron laptop?: I feel frazzled and abandoned. Since downloading the Windows 10 update last week my laptop has been rendered completely useless. I can boot it up, sign into windows but in less than 3 minutes I receive the new equivalent of the blue screen of death and the thing reboots. To...