Windows 10: Fixing permissions, how to change evaluation order in registry?

Discus and support Fixing permissions, how to change evaluation order in registry? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So ive gotten permissions set back to how they were on a particular key - the problem ive run up against is the fact theyre in about the opposite order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Mar 17, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Fixing permissions, how to change evaluation order in registry?

So ive gotten permissions set back to how they were on a particular key - the problem ive run up against is the fact theyre in about the opposite order they need to be now.

is there a means of sorting them properly top to bottom without having to add back each one by one?

:)

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2020

2. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 17, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Any way to edit the registry without loading Windows?

You will need to find a way to grant yourself permissions for full control of that hive/key.
    Just as the "Trusted Installer" has.
    You may have to log on as admin to do this.

Grant Read Write (Full Control) Permissions on Registry Keys (Fix Cannot Import and Access Denied Error in RegEdit)
    How to change Registry Permissions with RegIni.exe (VBScript)

And, a search to start you on your quest.

I did it a long time ago, to get rid of & edit some hives, keys, etc.
    Goodluck.*Smile Fixing permissions, how to change evaluation order in registry? :)

95Viper, Mar 17, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Fixing permissions, how to change evaluation order in registry? - Similar Threads - Fixing permissions change

2. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  3. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  4. how to change boot order

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot order: Hi, I currently have 2 bootable windows 10 hdds, 1 on C drive, 1 on E drive, currently when i restart the comp it boots into E: with C: as a secondary, however i want it to be the other way around boot to C: with E: as secondary. I tried swicthing the sata cables but it still...
  5. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry: Hi, everyone I found the PowerShell command codes could deny full control permission of registry key, but them were imperfect and not met my need. The imperfect PowerShell command codes are as following. $path = "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard" $Acl = Get-ACL $path...
  6. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?: Hi, everyone My main objective is make the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2" more safer and not auto run programs. Secondly, I hoped the PowerShell command codes could batch run them automatically. Protected the...
  7. Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now...: I Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now can’t use any feature to access drives or commands. I have tried the search bar at the bottom and run commands and it gives error of not having access or has been deleted. Please...
  8. Registry permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry permissions: I edited registry HKEY_CURRENT _CONFIG permission but then it deleted all users automatically except the one i created recently. Now i can't access anything i tried to restart computer and reset it from advanced optionshift + restart but after 50 - 60 % it comes back to...
  9. The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...: Good afternoon, Used are Server Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3.9600 (64bit) / was migrated from Windows Server 2010 Local computer Windows10 ver 10.0.18362.295 (64bit) User have admin rights (on source and destination) Data copied from server to local computer...
  10. Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...: I'm running 64-bit Windows Pro on an Asus P5Q-EM MB with an Intel E8600 processor with 8 GB of PC2-6400 Ram. I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately. I've got several different error types in my event log. The only one showing to be "critical" is the...