Windows 10: Fixing Stop Codes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Discus and support Fixing Stop Codes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately, I have been having crashing issues with my computer. The most frequent stop code I get is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, but I do not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jake Cassida, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Fixing Stop Codes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Lately, I have been having crashing issues with my computer. The most frequent stop code I get is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, but I do not have the .DMP files for the latest KMODE crash I received today. Deciding that I should get to the bottom of this, I used the driver verifier utility to see if the issue was being caused by faulty drivers. This resulted in an expected crash (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION), which I have obtained the .DMP files for. However, I do not know who or where I should upload the files to, as I see no option to upload files on here.

These blue screens have been an ongoing issue ever since I installed a new motherboard in August. Booting up my computer after fresh motherboard installation resulted in back-to-back blue screens caused by kernel power issues, from what I remember. My computer eventually stabilized itself after a few dozen blue screens, but I would still get occasional KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED stop codes over time. Aside from the driver verifier crash mentioned above, I have not recorded any additional information about other stop codes.

System Specs:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Processor @ 3.60GHz
    RAM
    16.0GB
    Motherboard
    MSI Z270 GAMING M5 (MS-7A78) (U3E1)
    Graphics
    BenQ XL2720Z (1920x1080@144Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Gigabyte)
    Storage
    232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EALX-009BA0 (SATA)
    465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD)
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI iHAS124 C
    DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device (times 256, I am not sure why I have so many)
    Audio
    Corsair VOID RGB USB Gaming Headset

:)

Jake Cassida, Nov 7, 2018

2. stop code :KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

What is the meaning of this

stop code :KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Cheryl_McT, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Stop code: Kmode exception not handled

when i playing youtube, suddenly BSOD appear and needs to restart. in the screen there is issue "Stop code: Kmode exception not handled"

What should I do?

Samuel Halomoan, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Fixing Stop Codes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Stop Code KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Dear Reader,

For some time now, I am getting a blue screen and the message '' Stop code KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED''

What failed :igdkmd64.sys

I am struggling with this for quite some time. I was trying to find an answer online but was not successful. Can you please help me?

Best,

George

George_989, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Fixing Stop Codes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

1. Fixing Stop Codes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - Similar Threads - Fixing Stop Codes

2. HELP WITH BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL AND KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP WITH BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL AND KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: I been having this BSOD issue for about a year and I've done everything I reset windows multiple times and the issue is still thereI installed latest driversI did memtest86 and passed Im so lost and Im about to buy a new pc please help I have a .dmp file as wellSPECS:OS Name...
  3. HELP WITH BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL AND KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP WITH BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL AND KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: I been having this BSOD issue for about a year and I've done everything I reset windows multiple times and the issue is still thereI installed latest driversI did memtest86 and passed Im so lost and Im about to buy a new pc please help I have a .dmp file as wellSPECS:OS Name...
  4. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I'm Vicky. It's the first time I'm seeking help here because I don't know what else to do. My PC has been experiencing BSOD Blue Screen of Death for a long time. Initially, it only happened when I wasn't putting much load on it, like when I was simply browsing the...
  5. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I'm Vicky. It's the first time I'm seeking help here because I don't know what else to do. My PC has been experiencing BSOD Blue Screen of Death for a long time. Initially, it only happened when I wasn't putting much load on it, like when I was simply browsing the...
  6. stop code kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code kmode exception not handled: HiI have a blue screen that reads:"Your PC ran into a problem and needs torestart. We're just collecting some error info,and then we'll restart for you.100% completeStop code: KMODE-EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDMy laptop hasn't restarted. There is a message said unable to fix...
  7. stop code: kmode exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code: kmode exception not handled: i just bought my PC only last December, and i have experienced some blue screens, it is random and i don't exactly know what is the problem that causes it.sometimes just because i opened Chrome, and others because i was streaming on Twitch. it only started happening on 17th...
  8. Random system reboots, multiple stop codes. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random system reboots, multiple stop codes. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR...: HP Pavillion laptop randomly rebooting and showing multiple stop codes like:CASHE MANAGER, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, LOCK ENTRY LEAKED ON...
  9. BSOD: Kmode exception not handled AND driver irql not less or equal afd.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Kmode exception not handled AND driver irql not less or equal afd.sys: Hello there, over the past several months I have been getting blue screen of deaths on my gaming PC once every 5-10 days or so, at random. 95% of the BSODs show the error code "kmode exception not handled" while just today I got a new message that read "driver irql not less...
  10. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL / KMODE EXCEPTION HANDLED at installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL / KMODE EXCEPTION HANDLED at installation of Windows: Hey guys, I've seen some advice by other users but none worked so far. I have a new CPU and have to install Windows from scratch because it's not working upfront (switched from i5 4670 to i7 4790k; I updated BIOS too because of Devils Canyon). But somehow I only get BSOD....