Windows 10: fixing the location of a pasted item in x32Win10Prov20H2

Discus and support fixing the location of a pasted item in x32Win10Prov20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a second monitor. From time to time I create shortcuts to folders on an external HDD. When I move the shortcuts from the external HDD to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Nov 9, 2020.

1. fixing the location of a pasted item in x32Win10Prov20H2

I have a second monitor. From time to time I create shortcuts to folders on an external HDD. When I move the shortcuts from the external HDD to the desktop, very often they auto-place themselves in the primary monitor, even though my pasting is to the secondary. Why would that be ? - or more importantly, (how) can I ensure that the shortcut takes its position where I paste it, rather than having to relocate it there after pasting ?

:)

Sebastian42, Nov 9, 2020

2. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Nov 9, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Oblivion item list/spell list

In this .zip are the oblivion item list and spell list. The spell list is rather complete, unlike some you may find. These are not my work, just a bit of copy/paste work.

If you see more than one spell or item in the list, it's a leveled spell or item. As they go down in the list they get stronger.

4. JATownes Win User

fixing the location of a pasted item in x32Win10Prov20H2

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

fixing the location of a pasted item in x32Win10Prov20H2

1. fixing the location of a pasted item in x32Win10Prov20H2 - Similar Threads - fixing location pasted

2. Could not find this item This is no longer located in....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not find this item This is no longer located in....: Hi,I recently decided to move some dropbox folders to my new HDD I ve bought. I did a cut and copy I/O operation. During this operation I got this kind of message this is a google image, it is not from my cut and copy process, it's just an exampleI skipped for all items....I...
  3. this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...: its ridiculous how difficult it is to get support...I have a user who's receiving the above error and i've been unable to fix it. I deleted the downloads folder, rebooted, recreated it but nothing has worked. I know others have had this issue, can someone from Microsoft shoot...
  4. this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...: its ridiculous how difficult it is to get support...I have a user who's receiving the above error and i've been unable to fix it. I deleted the downloads folder, rebooted, recreated it but nothing has worked. I know others have had this issue, can someone from Microsoft shoot...
  5. this item is no longer located in c:\users\...\downloads. verify the items location and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2: I used to edit material on an external HDD which I would back up monthly. When that drive failed, I realised that I should have been backing up the edits between month's ends. Then I saw that Storage Spaces in Settings;Storage, promised to 'save files to 2 or more drives' and...
  7. "Could not find this item This is no longer located in Verify the item’s location and try...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Could not find this item This is no longer located in Verify the item’s location and try...: Hi guys, so I've been having trouble with deleting two folders that give me the same message. I've watched so many videos on fixes and still no luck, I think my issue is when i try and get the proper location of my folder it doesn't specify the folder name so when I'm in the...
  8. Item not found, item no longer located in desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item not found, item no longer located in desktop: Hi I was working on a Sibelius file last night and saved it to the desktop. This morning when I tried opening it, I kept getting met with the error "Item not found, item no longer located in C:users\***\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." If I look in...
  9. location of item scanned

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    location of item scanned: where does Windows 10 send scans to. I have searched pictures Jpeg and documents can't find the scan I have done today anywhere. On Windows 7 the scan always came up on the screen immediately....
  10. Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item: Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example, I might go...