Windows 10: fixing the webcam disabled on laptop

Discus and support fixing the webcam disabled on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok so I had an issue in which my laptop webcam was disabled and I couldn't turn it back on first I want to tell you I feel like a moron im very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SPL4TT3RPR00F, Aug 8, 2018.

1. fixing the webcam disabled on laptop

ok so I had an issue in which my laptop webcam was disabled and I couldn't turn it back on first I want to tell you I feel like a moron im very computer savvy and never thought of the fact that I have a FN button and many keys that turn on or off many items one of which being the webcam so look at your laptop keyboard looking for a symbol that may represent a camera....ok now press the respective button (FN by default on most laptops) and hit that button on msi laptops its FN+F6 im unsure on others but ive seen many people with similar issues I figured this would help please feel free to post replies stating your laptop models keys that do similar things again I feel dumb not knowing what I needed to do I actually called customer support and in 3 seconds he told me what was wrong and I fixed it instantly lol this can also affect microphone, speakers, economical settings, screen transfers, and touchpad controls so pay attention to what your pushing when your pushing buttons

:)

SPL4TT3RPR00F, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Maugli Win User

My laptop USED to have a webcam... Compaq CQ56 102SA

Okay thanks Guys.
    I tried most of the things suggested.
    I even tried dism/..... restorehealth and sfc /scannow
    It found problems and fixed them, but not the webcam.
    Speccy does not list the webcam under peripherals.
    Its not my anti virus, I tried disabling that and opening the cam app.
    I think my only option is to "roll back" Windows 10 to windows 7.
    The cam definitely worked in 7.
    EDIT:
    Whats the deal with 10 Creator? I never heard of this before.

fixing the webcam disabled on laptop [​IMG]

fixing the webcam disabled on laptop [​IMG]

Maugli, Aug 8, 2018
  3. laptop webcam is out of order

Since you've mentioned that you already tried checking for the webcam driver, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This will diagnose and resolve hardware related issues. To do so, please refer to these steps:

• From the Start menu, type troubleshooting and then press Enter.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.
    • The troubleshooter will open, click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Aug 8, 2018
  4. fixing the webcam disabled on laptop

Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

• Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like Test Webcam - testwebcam - check your webcam.
    • Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    • Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    • If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    • Try refreshing the page.
    • Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

• Click Close
    • Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

• Right click on webcam area
    • Select Settings
    • In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

• Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    • Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    • Check Always allowed
    • Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

fixing the webcam disabled on laptop

1. fixing the webcam disabled on laptop - Similar Threads - fixing webcam disabled

2. How to fix laptop disabling wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop disabling wifi: At least once a day, my laptop will randomly disconnect from the wifi and then disable itself. However, all my other devices will remain connected to the wifi and have no problems. Whenever I go into settings and press the get help button within the network connection area,...
  3. How to fix laptop disabling wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix laptop disabling wifi: At least once a day, my laptop will randomly disconnect from the wifi and then disable itself. However, all my other devices will remain connected to the wifi and have no problems. Whenever I go into settings and press the get help button within the network connection area,...
  4. How do I disable the webcam shutter key on an HP Laptop?

How do I disable the webcam shutter key on an HP Laptop?: I have a newly-bought HP Envy x360.The webcam shutter key on the keyboard is incredibly sensitive. It activates whenever I press backspace, and whenever I vibrate the table a little too much. I would like the key to be disabled, so whenever I press the button, nothing happens...
  5. Webcam disabled with a new monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam disabled with a new monitor: Hi - my usb webcam was working fine, but now I've added a new monitor with no built in webcam and now I can't access the webcam. It's getting power lights are on and the driver is up to date, but when I try to access it using camera or any other app I get the attached error...
  6. webcam on Asus laptop

webcam on Asus laptop: Ny webcam only shows a camera icon with a line through it, no picture or video. I have all access turned on. Why no picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-on-asus-laptop/eb13e78d-d1b6-432a-9299-d84419829de2
  7. Laptop Webcam not Working

Laptop Webcam not Working: the webcam on my HP laptop is not working. Driver says the device is working but neither the Windows Camera App nor the Zoom app show anything on the screen. Windows Defender Virus and Threat settings allow access to the device....
  8. Webcam for Asus laptop

Webcam for Asus laptop: Hi, I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I have been trying to get my webcam to work without success. When I go to start and right-click on Device Manager , there is not a Camera nor Other. There is Imaging Devices but it only shows my printer. I even contact Asus...
  9. Disabled Zenbook NX500JK laptop webcam now driver is lost

Disabled Zenbook NX500JK laptop webcam now driver is lost: So about 72 hrs ago i disabled the camera via device manager, i wanted to use it now so i went to enable it but it had an exclamation, tried to update the driver but it will not find it even on windows update It lists it as USB2 UVC HD Webcam Id...
  10. My webcam appears to be disabled.

My webcam appears to be disabled.: the camera app launches, but it looks like this: I have checked permissions, disabled the anti-virus, turned everything off and back on. I am at a loss as to why this is not working. thanks [ATTACH]...