Windows 10: Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

Discus and support Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently had to move my Users folder from my C:\ drive SSD to the D:\ drive HDD as I was running out of disk pace. I did the move in safe mode by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phillip_KKLTD, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

I recently had to move my Users folder from my C:\ drive SSD to the D:\ drive HDD as I was running out of disk pace. I did the move in safe mode by using robocopy without following links and then creating a junction to the D:\ drive. I was faced with three issues straight after restarting normally into Win10 Pro.

1. The start menu stopped working - this I fixed with re-installing the Windows store apps in powershell -

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

2. The search box near the start menu was un-responsive - I fixed this by resetting Cortana

3. Memory and CPU hogging by wsappx - this is the crux of this question.

As can be seen below, wsappx is consuming loads of memory - the CPU usage does peter off after a while, though it still a concern. I mentioned the manner in which I rejuvenated the start menu by running the powershell command Get-AppXPackage and was wondering whether this may be related PS: the command ran for a while and did complete.

Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage 6d45dcfd-f8bd-4d42-83a7-63bb95eebf3e?upload=true.png

:)

Phillip_KKLTD, Oct 16, 2020
  2. KeiwaM Win User

wsappx high CPU usage

Didn't work. Also, it's not disk usage or memory usage, it's my CPU. And as I stated in my post, I already tried gpedit & I already disabled my windows store-app.

Also, my pagefile is about 10,000mb.

KeiwaM, Oct 16, 2020
  3. wsappx high CPU usage

Hello,

Please refer suggestions mentioned here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/wsappx-fix-high-...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link(s) in this reply refers to non-Microsoft website(s). The page(s) appears to be providing accurate, legitimate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site(s) that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially
    Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Oct 16, 2020
  4. Rhaine C. Win User

Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

Cpu usage high until i open task manager

Greetings,

I appreciate your swift response, if the above steps did not work no worries,since this is an open forum we can ask assistance from other community volunteers with their feedback and suggestion with this issue.

For the meantime you can try the steps mentioned in this links below.

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-high-c...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-wsappx-causing-hi...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-service-host-diag...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-high-disk-usage-b...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

1. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage - Similar Threads - Fixing wsappx high

2. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage: I have seen this particular issue all over the internet. Mine started right after I converted my Windows 10 MBR drive to GPT. WSAPPX started randomly going as high as 12gb of memory usage and 100% CPU usage. Long story short, MY resolution was to disable the start-up "Send to...
  3. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage: I have seen this particular issue all over the internet. Mine started right after I converted my Windows 10 MBR drive to GPT. WSAPPX started randomly going as high as 12gb of memory usage and 100% CPU usage. Long story short, MY resolution was to disable the start-up "Send to...
  4. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  6. Brave browser high CPU and Memory usage [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Brave browser high CPU and Memory usage [Fixed]: [ATTACH]This article talks about the possible fixes that you can try if the Brave browser consumes high CPU and Memory on your system. When a particular program consumes high resources, it directly impacts the system’s performance. Due to this, users may experience frequent...
  7. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage: [ATTACH]If MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe or Microsoft Edge Content Process is causing a high CPU or Memory usage issue, here is how you fix the issue. Although this problem mainly occurs in Windows 10, you can encounter the same in Windows 11 as well. It appears due to corrupt system...
  8. High CPU usage & Memory leak

High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  9. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  10. wsappx high CPU usage

wsappx high CPU usage: My Wsappx started using a lot of CPU, despite me having deleted the store app manually and disabling updates. I went in to the gpedit.msc to disable it and it still uses up to 30% of my CPU. I tried all the solutions I could find, none appeared to work....