Windows 10: fixmestick is it any good

Discus and support fixmestick is it any good in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is this a viable program to use? A friend of mine uses it and swears by it. I personally am not sure if I want to try it. 75863 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dakota37, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Dakota37 Win User

fixmestick is it any good

Is this a viable program to use? A friend of mine uses it and swears by it. I personally am not sure if I want to try it.

:)

Dakota37, Jan 26, 2017

2. N900 - Is it any good?

If you read very carefully what I said you'll see that I used the past tense and MMS was under the category of things that didn't previously had ( not things that doesn't have at all like multitasking).

So it took them 3 OS updates to advance from the "brick with potential" state to the "brick with less potential" state.

neoakl---01, Jan 26, 2017
  3. tongs98 Win User
    N900 - Is it any good?

Good fone if NOkia updates its software fast as its getting frustated for present users to go thru with the following difficulties

No MMS feature

No OVI or PC suite compatability

Front camera does not function

No TV streaming allowed due to its lack of proper 3G features

No news on any updates

COMEON NOKIA , PLEASE DONT RELEASE A FONE IN THE MARKET INCOMPLETE AND MAKE UR CUSTOMERS FRUSTATED.

tongs98, Jan 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

@Dakota37, it seems to have been around for some time now. Looks like its designed to be easy to use for those with little or no computer skills. Here's a review from 2012.
    FixMeStick

and this on Bleepingcomputer forum.
    FixMeStick - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

Plus in Windows 10 we now have Defender offline.
    Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

5. sml156 Win User
    It's not really that hard to create your own tool similar to FixmeStick. I see that they are a using subscription model at $9.95 a month, I would save your money if I were you.

sml156, Jan 26, 2017
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    It is essentially just an off line file scanner. While this does give it some advantages it also has it's problems. One is that many viruses can only be detected in a running system. Another is that it only becomes involved after you are infected. It cannot prevent an infection.

It would be a useful thing to have. But whether or not it is worth $9.95 a month is debatable.

LMiller7, Jan 26, 2017
  7. Hi Dakota37,

has its own operating system built into the stick and it can scan everything on your hard drive without using the infected host operating system.It is harder to clean an infected computer using a program running on the infected PC, because the infection is running and will trick the program that tries to remove it.When you use , the infection is not running, and so it can’t interfere when the finds and removes it.

. If you don't want to continue using it just let us know and we'll cancel any further charges.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask or contact our support team

Best,
    Team

FixMeStick, Jan 26, 2017
  8. Dakota37 Win User

Dakota37, Jan 29, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Defender Offline shuts down the system and boots to the recovery environment in order to run. Your system, including any AV you may have installed isn't running while it scans (and, more importantly no malware processes are running). From the Tutorial...

10. Dakota37 Win User
    Bree, did not see your screenshot but one more question on this, After the scan is done, how do we know if it found anything we have to contend with? Nothing popped up after the scan was finished.

Dakota37, Jan 29, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Ah, that wasn't my screenshot - the quote was from the Tutorial and so is screenshot.

You see nothing because there is nothing to report - that's good. *Smile

Reply #2 to that tutorial shows the notification in the action centre that you would see if there was a detection. If you want to see it for yourself, Google EICAR test file, a standard test file that you cane create for yourself in Notepad. It is recognised as Virus*BiggrinOS/EICAR_Test_File

Thema:

1. fixmestick is it any good - Similar Threads - fixmestick

2. I can't use FixMeStick because of a security policy. How do I change this? Thank you.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't use FixMeStick because of a security policy. How do I change this? Thank you.: I need to properly install a FixMeStick but I have to change the security policy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-fixmestick-because-of-a-security-policy/05619237-1dbd-4f9f-9a34-71151a0f73e4