Windows 10: FLAC files and Groove Music

Discus and support FLAC files and Groove Music in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! A few days ago I installed the 2004 update, and I have problems with FLAC files and its metadata; Groove Music created an "Unknown Album" album... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Patata-kun, Jun 23, 2020.

1. FLAC files and Groove Music

Hi! A few days ago I installed the 2004 update, and I have problems with FLAC files and its metadata; Groove Music created an "Unknown Album" album with many songs wich metadata is correct, but when I went to my music folder this files didn't have, apparently, metadata, if I open them with MusicBrinz Picard it shows up the metadata. I tried to re-download this files and it worked but just with a few song, also these songs doesn't have metadata anywhere they are. Help!

Thanks.

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

submitted by /u/Patata-kun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Patata-kun, Jun 23, 2020
  2. IAmAPC Win User

Windows Phone Groove and Flac files

There are quite a few questions similar to mine. They are old enough that I believe this is a new question. The older questions answer with Groove does not natively support Flac. Or if a newer question - it does now support flac and explains what to do
    with the PC.

Groove now natively supports Flac and I have ripped my CD's using WMP successfully converting to Flac and playing them on my PC using the Groove Music player. My issue is with the Windows phone. If I try to sync to the phone it fails. If I try to copy
    it want to convert the files. A previous answer said Flac is not supported. Well now it is supported. At least on the PC. My phone also doesn't see the files on OneDrive.

To the point. Does the Groove Music player on the Windows phone support Flac? If it does play Flac on the phone then how do I get the files on the phone? If it is not the same app then when will Microsoft correct this issue? Thank you

FYI - even with the conversion. I tried it on one album, it does not appear on the phone. Even though it said new music was added.

IAmAPC, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Josipa Win User
    Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

FLAC files and Groove Music

groove music player

Hello Rick,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What's the format of your music in FLAC files? Here's the supported music file that Groove Music can play, kindly check this
      link.
    • What's the make and model of your device?
    We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

FLAC files and Groove Music

1. FLAC files and Groove Music - Similar Threads - FLAC files Groove

2. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music: why can't I add a new song to my library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/5acec170-8e7d-4f36-b85a-80ec1f80e54c
  3. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music: why can't I add a new song to my library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/5acec170-8e7d-4f36-b85a-80ec1f80e54c
  4. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  5. groove music

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    groove music: hello, I cant download groove music on my laptop from Microsoft store it says "something unexpected happened error code 0x80004005" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/955f8853-cc70-4914-8048-1fa918022a0f"
  6. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music: Hi. How can I copy and burn playlist to USB stick resp. CD-RW ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/7facad66-ffa9-47dc-a160-2c8550fe88b8"
  7. Groove Music

Groove Music: Will Groove Music App still work to play local files after Microsoft kills Groove Music Pass by the end of this year? My concern is that this is the only reliable app that plays music without glitches when my Surface Pro is on connected standby. 96561
  8. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  9. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of songs on my computer and I can't find a way to clear songs from it or stop it loading. I'm also trying to find a way to edit...