Windows 10: Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I...

Discus and support Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've set up power plans and tried the built in ones. But the laptops NEVER power down. Two different laptops. Both running win 10. I'd be delighted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elfere, Apr 18, 2021.

1. /u/Elfere Win User

Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I...

I've set up power plans and tried the built in ones.

But the laptops NEVER power down.

Two different laptops. Both running win 10.

I'd be delighted to use som other method to set conditions when they should shut down. I'm sure there's a way other then using power management.

Where can I go to make a IF pc idle for X mins THAN shut off power?

I used to known back on win 7. Cheers.

submitted by /u/Elfere
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elfere, Apr 18, 2021

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I...

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesFlair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I... :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I...

1. Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I... - Similar Threads - Flair question laptops

2. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  3. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  4. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop is not getting shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is not getting shutting down: Basically when I shut down my laptop it’s not getting shut down it’s coming to Lock Screen then I have to force shutting my pressing on/off button on my laptop may I know how to solve this and why is this happening...
  6. My laptop is not getting shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not getting shutting down: Basically when I shut down my laptop it’s not getting shut down it’s coming to Lock Screen then I have to force shutting my pressing on/off button on my laptop may I know how to solve this and why is this happening...
  7. My laptop is not getting shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flair: question. How to get my laptops to shut down? Power manager not working. Someplace I...: I've set up power plans and tried the built in ones. But the laptops NEVER power down. Two different laptops. Both running win 10. I'd be delighted to use som other method to set conditions when they should shut down. I'm sure there's a way other then using power...
  9. I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%: I set it in the power settings for it to shut down on low battery at 5% but it isn't working and it shuts down at 1%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-laptop-set-to-shut-down-at-5-battery/7eff12ed-d2e8-4a57-8c0e-255f74bf02d6
  10. power on/shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...