Windows 10: Flakey Edge since 1709 Update

Discus and support Flakey Edge since 1709 Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've noticed several Edge "glitches" since the 1709 update (that I don't have on the Insider's versions). One time I couldn't right click on a link... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Oct 18, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

Flakey Edge since 1709 Update

I've noticed several Edge "glitches" since the 1709 update (that I don't have on the Insider's versions).
    One time I couldn't right click on a link to copy it in Edge. Restarted Edge and it was OK.
    Another time (after a reboot), I started Edge and the Icons for links on the Favorites Bar were missing (links worked).
    This morning the "scroll" section of msn.com, my home page, would not scroll from one item to another.

Fortunately, Firefox is working OK.

My PC is a desktop with an i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, SSD, Intel CPU Video and Windows Defender. Very "vanilla" as I also use this for my recording studio.

:)

fireberd, Oct 18, 2017

2. LUMIA 920 WIFI SHOW CONNECTED...BUT INTERNET DOES NOT WORK

I've found Wi-Fi to be flakey with my Lumia Icon since installing the 8.1 preview. I'm hoping that the Cyan update and the final 8.1 update take care of this.

Christopher Miller, Oct 18, 2017
  3. microsoft edge update

Yes, its likely spam, since updates for Edge are either delivered through Windows Update with new feature updates or from Microsoft Store starting with Windows 10 1709.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 18, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

This morning, first time I ran Edge, RIGHT click did not work in Edge. Restarting Edge fixed it.
    This is the second time for this problem.

fireberd, Oct 20, 2017
  5. I suggest you next time, before you restart the edge, write a feedback through the option inside the Edge. If I remember correct, there exist an option to auto-include technical logs. Next solution is to search for any way to deep reset the Edge. For example, refresh the user edge profile.

iJohnnyCash, Oct 22, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    When it happens, Edge is usually corrupted to the point the only option is to restart.

As a side note, I was in Tommy Cash's touring band for 7 years. Tommy is Johnny Cash's younger brother.

fireberd, Oct 23, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    I posted the same issue here but it was completely blown off. Anyway I too have the issue where I can't right click links to copy from Edge. In fact, I currently have it now. Had to Ctrl + C to copy the link in this post.

Oh, yeah, non insider as well.

sygnus21, Oct 23, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

I assumed there had to be others. Likely more than just us two.

I have a disc image that was made before the upgrade. I'm going to fall back and let Windows install the upgrade again and see what happens. I'll post the results. May be a couple days because of recording studio schedules.

Thanks/Jack

fireberd, Oct 23, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    It seems Edge has become a flaky mess since this update as I discover another issue on TWO PC's - trying to upload files whether here or someplace else tends to crash Edge at times. Had it happen once here, now have it happening at dpreview.com (a photography site).

And YES, the files fit the parameters required for uploading. Been doing it for a long time here and at DP so that's not the issue. Between the copy bug and now the upload bug, things are starting to get real annoying now.

sygnus21, Oct 24, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, Oct 24, 2017
  11. ^ I haven't encountered obvious glitches on mine so far fortunately. Even that Tampa News link works perfectly fine.

theveterans, Oct 24, 2017
  12. fireberd Win User
    Two us on this thread are having Edge problems. There are others.

However, I have the Win 10 "insider" advance versions and not having the problem there. That is why I'm going to fall back to my disc image I made before the Fall CU and try again.

fireberd, Oct 24, 2017
  13. fireberd Win User

I have restored Win 10 back to V1703. Waiting for the Fall CU. So far all the problems, such as the MSN and Channel 8 TV web sites, copy, etc are OK.

fireberd, Oct 24, 2017
  14. fireberd Win User
    The 1709 upgrade has been installed. Initially no problems with Edge, but as its flakey I'll have to wait and see if its fixed.

fireberd, Oct 24, 2017
  15. sygnus21 Win User
    I'm having some odd issues elsewhere so I may wind up having to do a clean install. I'm going to try a repair install first and see what happens. if that doesn't work a clean install is warranted.

sygnus21, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Flakey Edge since 1709 Update - Similar Threads - Flakey Edge since

2. Mouse is really flakey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is really flakey: First let me say that this only happens when I have the hdmi cable attached between the desk top computer and my big screen tv. I have a wireless mouse with a power chip in the USB port. I have tried a mouse with a cord, but still plugged into the usb port (this did NOT work...
  3. Mouse is really flakey

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse is really flakey: First let me say that this only happens when I have the hdmi cable attached between the desk top computer and my big screen tv. I have a wireless mouse with a power chip in the USB port. I have tried a mouse with a cord, but still plugged into the usb port (this did NOT work...
  4. Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709

in Browsers and Email
    Email or the lack there of on Edge after 1709: Since 1709 ATT/Yahoo Email does not work on Edge but is perfect on Firefox I changed over to Outlook email. Linked Outlook with ATT/Yahoo. Outlook told me everything was complete but then I discovered there was no email in the inbox. Next, I accepted ATT.net as homepage on...
  5. No updates installed since version 1709 update...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates installed since version 1709 update...: I have been checking my updates and there is nothing since my PC was undated to version 1709... Seems odd it's been 5 days and every time I check it says computer is up to date... Have there been any updates added to your PC in the last five days... Just wondering if there...
  6. Bluetooth Problems since 1709 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Problems since 1709 Update: The latest Windows update has ruined my most important periphery: Most of my keyboards and most of my mice cannot be connected anymore with most of my PCs (I even sold my Huawei Matebook as it only has BT for wireless connection of input devices without attaching an...
  7. Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709)

in Windows 10 Support
    Autostart Features Ignored since last Features Update (1709): Since I upgraded to Version 1709, I can disable Autostart Features via Task Manager but they are Ignored and the Program is started even though it is disabled. In Version 1703 I did not have that Bug. Program in Question: Send To OneNote Tool (OneNote 2013 installed) In...
  8. Boot problems since update 1709 (B 16299.125)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot problems since update 1709 (B 16299.125): Good Morning. After I installed the update 1709 (Build 16299.125), new problems just started appearing. Most of them I could fix myself (they're minor, so I won't mention them), but there's this big f-ing problem: The first boot attempt always fails after the PC had been...
  9. Dcom 10016 errors since 1709 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcom 10016 errors since 1709 update: Before the update i had 0 of these errors now with 1709 i get them daily and everytime on boot up aswell (the keys change from day to day tho) So is this a critical error and does it need to be fixed? Or is it a mess by microsoft and just annoying? I didnt notice any...
  10. Can not play .mp4 or .m4v files since Update to 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not play .mp4 or .m4v files since Update to 1709: Tried Update from existing 1703 and all is working. But after clean install no player works with .mp4 files, even I installed the same codec package. Anybody the same problem or knows a solution? 95340