Windows 10: flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups

Discus and support flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On a trip to mainland China in 2018 Q1, I started getting FF新鮮事 (FFnews)pop ups in a browser window. The pop ups had a red FF新鮮事 logo and a bunch of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StevieGo, Jan 22, 2019.

1. StevieGo Win User

flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups

On a trip to mainland China in 2018 Q1, I started getting FF新鮮事 (FFnews)pop ups in a browser window. The pop ups had a red FF新鮮事 logo and a bunch of other stuff in Chinese. The same malware according to this link below appears to have been passed around earlier in 2018 in a release of Adobe Flash:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2506705

I don’t believe flash was the source of the malware for me as Adobe Flash wasn’t installed at the time the pop ups started.

The FF新鮮事 / FFnews pop up happens a while after starting my PC (ie the pop doesn't appear immediately after booting up).

After some digging round I believe I have tracked down some relevant diagnostics info:

1) I found this xml file

flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups ee62d7f1-20fe-47c4-a973-94c2e942d17a?upload=true.png

Here is a copy of the xml text so it shows up should anyone be web searching for other occurrences of this issue:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<root><item htime="30716431" ltime="2252089424" value="1579669284677|1548066838,1548077362,1548082609,1548133274" name="Hm_lvt_ac8848dc06687b4e8936029238c24f9d"/></root>

2) I did a search of the Windows registry and found these two 2144.com entries under

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMstorage\

This is despite not being aware Internet Explorer had software on my PC.

flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups a3546116-0458-476b-85f5-21a99fb1670c?upload=true.png

3) In clicking some buttons today, a shortcut has appeared on my desktop. These info in these screenshots may be useful:

flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups 9ad540a5-8590-4f3f-85c4-bad5870f1abc?upload=true.png

--

flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups e0cecf2e-36b0-4ee8-80e7-0eb9628f8eff?upload=true.png

The second of those screenshots has the file location contained in the shortcut opened in the background

4) A search of my C drive for “FFnews” found numerous files named FFnews.html These are in different folders and not just at the location in the screenshot below

flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups 33349bee-22a0-4fe3-8cea-d53c1cbabf10?upload=true.png

I hope I have included all the required diagnostics info to allow:

a) Someone sort of Microsoft representative to have this picked up for targeting by Windows Defender (I ran a full Windows Defender and it didn't pick up the malware in questions). Can a Microsoft person have this info passed to the people who generate Windows Defender update files please?

b) Anyone else affected by this has a chance of getting rid of this quickly should they need to self troubleshoot.

:)

StevieGo, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Glymac Win User

Adware and unwanted pop-ups

I am continually under attach with ADWARE and unwanted pop-ups - and this occurs even though I have set the security preferences to avoid these issues.

Maybe you can guide me to "correct settings" of suggest an alternative

<Modified Title to read adware and unwanted pop-ups. Original Title: Internet Properties - Security settings ->

Glymac, Jan 22, 2019
  3. José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jan 22, 2019
  4. flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups

I can't download a lot of things from the Internet because of a malware!

Looks like your computer is infected by a malware or an adware.

Please see this multi-step removal guide:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-pop...

Suggest doing everything except using Hitman Pro

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups

1. flash.2144 malware / adware generating Chinese 新鮮事 FFnews pop ups - Similar Threads - flash 2144 malware

2. Recover your MS Windows machine from Browser Pop-up/Adware/Ransomware/Trojan adware and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover your MS Windows machine from Browser Pop-up/Adware/Ransomware/Trojan adware and...: We published this article because many of our customers have reported such problems where, their computer screen encountered a pop-up error/Trojan adware, derived through a browser after visiting unidentified/unverified/unlicensed websites or driven through various search...
  3. Sticky Finger Virus or Adware or Malware

Sticky Finger Virus or Adware or Malware: How do I get rid of the "sticky finger" Virus, Adware or Malware that occurs every time I select a dialogue box? Anywhere that text can be inserted the cursor automatically generates a continuous string of the number 4 which prevents me from login and most options requiring a...
  4. Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware

Pop-ups Suspect to be Malware: A short while ago, I was downloading editing software. At the same time, a company named topflownews started frequently sliding into view on the bottom right of my screen, claiming some affiliation with microsoft edge. The news content is click bait about celebrity...
  5. Chinese Pop Up

Chinese Pop Up: I have been getting this Chinese pop up for over a year. I lived in China for two years and had to download a few Chinese apps while I was there such as Alipay, WeChat, QQ, and I believe it was called One Drive. I moved back to the USA and uninstalled all these programs so I...
  6. pop up flashing box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pop up flashing box: Im getting a pop up box with flashing message: Model: SDM-HS75P Ser No: 1023569 Mfg: 2005-18 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-flashing-box/5f65935a-b8f7-4e88-9eff-2d32a47abe45
  7. adware and malware

adware and malware: The app (Package Tracking Pro) got downloaded into my Surface 3 pc from Spring Tech LTD and has made my Gmail account in windows inoperable. I uninstalled it but my mail does not sync and load anyway. Can you help me?...
  8. Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware?

Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware?: Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bodelencom-pop-up-redirect-how-to-remove-this/45a26891-b7ce-49e8-b003-d32e598cbbfd
  9. virus..adware..malware ???

virus..adware..malware ???: HELP...keep getting a pop up that says..."something went wrong with your extensions, you'll need to turn them on again"...ran antivirus program..malwarebyths...found nothing...
  10. Advice on adware (or malware?)

Advice on adware (or malware?): Hi there folks My browsers are being hijacked every now and then, suddenly i have the homepages set as e.g. "ourluckysites.com", or something like funnysearch, all my browsers shortcuts suddenly lead me to other weird folders with copies of the browser inside (e.g.today my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ffnews malware

2. ffnews remove

3. how to uninstall ffnews

4. ffnews adware