Windows 10: Flash bites again: Huge malware campaign on Yahoo ads hits millions

Discus and support Flash bites again: Huge malware campaign on Yahoo ads hits millions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For very long time now I have Flash set to ask to initialize and don't have no Flash based live adds but at most leave black holes on screen. Wander if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Slugger Win User

Flash bites again: Huge malware campaign on Yahoo ads hits millions

I'm wondering the same thing. Can adds be made with HTML5?

Slugger, Aug 5, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

They might be but I bet the people who created them don't want to spend the money to re-write them.

BunnyJ, Aug 5, 2015
  3. True enough, but in the case of those scenarios there might be a slight chance of legal recompense/revenge.

Also PC malware causes $B of damage to businesses and the Economy as a whole, whereas scams normally only affect individual citizens.

Agreed.

There should probably be an opt in system for people who want to risk receiving malware from targeted ads.
    The default should be static ads.

lehnerus2000, Aug 5, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

G'day Mate --

really enjoying this morning -- watching Cricket -- 'OZ OUT BEFORE LUNCH on ist day of 4th Ashes test --60 all out ist innings !!

My English friends were singing " It's all gone quiet over there" where a load of aussies were drinking and getting glummer by the minute. Still they said ---OK we'll get our revenge at the Davies Cup Tennis semi final vs GB in September.

(Just winding you up !!).

However back to the topic -- a whole load of high powered business people were discussing this very issue and say that intrusive ads ruin the whole market and drive customers away - Static systems are best -- so maybe there IS hope in the future (like eventually for the aussie cricket team !!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  5. The Poms have totally hammered us the last 3 innings we've batted. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Flash bites again: Huge malware campaign on Yahoo ads hits millions - Similar Threads - Flash bites again

2. 0 bites on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0 bites on Onedrive: I have a problem after recovering stuff from OneDrive I could see my files. When I tried recovering them back from the recycling bin from OneDrive it said the file has 0 bites and there is multiple files for alot folders. I'm not sure what 0 bites means? Even when I tried to...
  3. Bite me Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bite me Microsoft: When it is time for another worthless update, how about just showing a window saying it's time instead of making my computer run like **** until it is obvious that Microsoft wants to install another POS update?...
  4. Bite me Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bite me Microsoft: When it is time for another worthless update, how about just showing a window saying it's time instead of making my computer run like **** until it is obvious that Microsoft wants to install another POS update?...
  5. Yahoo Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo Malware: Hi, does anyone know how to remove malware called "search powered by Yahoo" ? I've tried to uninstall but it won't delete. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/yahoo-malware/e32df220-6a94-4f2d-b2cf-3b1218007ee0
  6. Adding a Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Flash Drive: I inserted a flash drive in and the device manager seed it but I can't find it anywhere. How do I get it working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-flash-drive/ad901557-3528-4dc4-bc0f-22469a2ee5de
  7. Huge Android trojan malware campaign was discovered

in Windows 10 News
    Huge Android trojan malware campaign was discovered: A giant botnet and banking trojan malware operation has infected hundreds of thousands of Android users since at least 2016 – but mistakes by the group have revealed details of the campaign and how they operate. Dubbed the Geost botnet after a name repeatedly found in the...
  8. May have been hit with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    May have been hit with Malware: I am running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I had the thing setup to always display my desktop as opposed to the Windows 10 start menu. Almost all of my applications had icons on the desktop. Now when I start, my desktop is totally empty even the color was changed. I used...
  9. Google to hit pause on Flash ads in Chrome on September 1

in Windows 10 News
    Google to hit pause on Flash ads in Chrome on September 1: Google will hammer one more nail in Flash's coffin with a feature that will soon prevent many Flash ads from displaying in Chrome desktop. The feature was rolled out to Chrome beta in June and will become generally available on September 1. While Google won't block Flash...
  10. Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...

in Windows 10 News
    Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...: Cybercriminals are exploiting a newly discovered flaw in Adobe Flash Player to distribute a botnet and adware, according to security researchers. Adobe is investigating reports that a zero-day flaw in Flash Player is being used by an exploit kit known as Angler. Following...