Windows 10: Flash Desktop Name when switching desktops

Discus and support Flash Desktop Name when switching desktops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can MS enhance their Desktop naming feature to flash the desktop name when switching desktops Windows+Ctrl+Arrow ? It seems really strange to provide a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dsn9620, Jul 12, 2021.

1. dsn9620 Win User

Flash Desktop Name when switching desktops

Can MS enhance their Desktop naming feature to flash the desktop name when switching desktops Windows+Ctrl+Arrow ? It seems really strange to provide a feature to name the desktop but the only way to ever see that desktop name is to click on the desktop switching icon in the taskbar. It's also frustrating to always have to click on the taskbar icon to figure out which desktop i am displaying. What was the point of adding the desktop naming feature if the name is never displayed when switching desktops so that the user knows which desktop is currently being displayed? My request is to at l

:)

dsn9620, Jul 12, 2021

2. Flashing desktop.

Hi Brain,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to uninstall drivers with the exclamation mark in Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Locate the malfunctioning device or device with the exclamation mark in the list of devices, right click on that device, and then click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes.
      Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    Reference: Refer to the following response created by Rohit Chettri on
    Desktop screen flashes on and off.

Desktop screen flashes on and off

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 12, 2021
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 12, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Flash Desktop Name when switching desktops - Similar Threads - Flash Desktop Name

2. When switching desktops, the microphone cuts out in WhatsApp desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When switching desktops, the microphone cuts out in WhatsApp desktop.: Microphone works perfectly, but while in a WhatsApp call, if I switch desktops win+ctrl+l/r-arrow the other party can't hear me until I switch back to the desktop that has the WA window open.I would have thought it is a problem with WA, but their support says the question is...
  3. When switching desktops, the microphone cuts out in WhatsApp desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When switching desktops, the microphone cuts out in WhatsApp desktop.: Microphone works perfectly, but while in a WhatsApp call, if I switch desktops win+ctrl+l/r-arrow the other party can't hear me until I switch back to the desktop that has the WA window open.I would have thought it is a problem with WA, but their support says the question is...
  4. When switching desktops, the microphone cuts out in WhatsApp desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop switch: I created a second desktop from the taskbar. In that desktop, trying to open certain applications such as Edge will automatically send me back to the first desktop instead and vice versa.Is it possible to open a same application in 2 different desktops? Else, is it possible...
  6. Desktop switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop switch: I created a second desktop from the taskbar. In that desktop, trying to open certain applications such as Edge will automatically send me back to the first desktop instead and vice versa.Is it possible to open a same application in 2 different desktops? Else, is it possible...
  7. [Feature Request] Switching Virtual Desktop Should Display Virtual Desktop Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Feature Request] Switching Virtual Desktop Should Display Virtual Desktop Name: Issue: When using the keyboard shortcut Win+Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow to switch between virtual desktops it is easy to get lost in which desktop environment you are in. Proposal: When using the shortcut to switch between virtual desktops a brief text notification should be...
  8. Flashing Desktop, on and off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flashing Desktop, on and off: Hi Everyone. The last week or so, a desktop on one computer(1st) (on a network with multiple computers) begins to flash off and on. The desktop is not responsive at all, however I can open programs like outlook or chrome and use them while behind, the desktop is flashing....
  9. Desktop keeps flashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop keeps flashing: I tried finding someone else with this problem and solution with no luck. Windows 10 installed with no issue but when I sign in the cursor just acts as tho it is thinking and will not let me do anything. Also the desktop keeps flashing. Only way out is to task manager out...
  10. flashing desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    flashing desktop: I have a Lenovo ideapad S510p touch. Yesterday I went to use it and updates were installing so I waited and waited. After awhile, nothing else happened. I waited some more. Waiting. Nothing. Finally I restarted and after signing in and I just got a flashing half-filled-out...