Windows 10: Flash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree

Discus and support Flash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I connect my flash drive (stick) to my computer, it appears twice (double) in the drives tree. Why is that? It creates a mess for me as I realized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EBFH, Oct 24, 2019.

1. EBFH Win User

Flash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree

When I connect my flash drive (stick) to my computer, it appears twice (double) in the drives tree.
    Why is that?
    It creates a mess for me as I realized that when I save a file onto it, the files isn't saved in the actual physical stick.

I found out when I tried to access the file when connecting the stick to another computer and it was on it.

Apparently I saved it to the additional (maybe virtual) instance of the stick.
    Any advice would be helpful Flash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree 561d55a8-c708-4bc0-ad00-e80cd520aa5a?upload=true.jpg

:)

2. Flash-Drive doubled.

Hello all: Now I post 3rd trouble of my new laptop: Flash-Drive doubled.

Suppose Flash-16GB is one of my Flash-Drive. Now insert it into USB port

and open the Explorer-File, my pc will see:

> This PC

> Windows (CFlash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree :)

> recovery (DFlash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree :)

> DVD RW Drive (EFlash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree :)

> Flash-16GB (FFlash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree :)

> Flash-16GB (FFlash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree :)

You see the Flash-16GB is doubled: one is under This PC, another

is parallel to This PC.

Normally the Flash-Drive should appear one place along the HDD!!

Where does the extra Flash-16GB come from? Please help me!

-- Zhao

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HonglinZhao, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Flash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree

Flash-Drive doubled.

Hello Adriane:

I followed your instruction to do the FORMAT for the Flash-Drive

and restarted the pc after formatting.

Sorry to see "the doubled" flash-Drive trouble remained the same!

-- Zhao

T

HonglinZhao, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Flash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree

1. Flash drive appears double (twice) in the drives tree - Similar Threads - Flash drive appears

2. Double drives showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double drives showing: I have two of the same drives showing in Windows Explorer and I am wondering how to either delete or rename one of them.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-drives-showing/7ecb469c-dc8b-48ba-9c15-e9608349fd1f
  3. Hard drive appears twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive appears twice: My file explorer shows my d drive twice. I have already did the suggested regedit to remove it. After doing that the drive remains. Also the key that you need to remove is not in the registry. Any Ideas? Is is possible to manually enter the key then delete it?...
  4. uhh drive appears twice

uhh drive appears twice: the drives appear twice???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uhh-drive-appears-twice/69a5543b-a9cb-4c74-a78b-1c5bbed48194
  5. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive: I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have...
  6. double drives

double drives: [ATTACH] what does this mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-drives/1918fe76-a66d-4856-a7c9-d9bbc93933ce
  7. Flash Drive must be plugged in twice for system to recognize it

Flash Drive must be plugged in twice for system to recognize it: I have a really odd problem on an HP laptop model Spectre x360 15-BL012DX. The laptop has 1 USB 3 Type A connector and 2 USB-C ports, one of which is a thunderbolt 3 port. On either of the USB-C ports, if I plug in a thumb drive with a USB-C to USB-A adapter dongle, the...
  8. Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives

Temp folder keeps appearing on flash drives: EVERY time I put a flash drive in my PC, windows installs a temp folder on it full of crap which is usually undeleteable. I can eventually get access to kill it, by removing it and reinstalling it, then quickly deleting it while it's not looking or something. ;) It always...
  9. SD card drive appearing twice?

SD card drive appearing twice?: Can somebody explain why the SD card drive E: is appearing twice on the left column? Thanks for your help! 63604
  10. Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC'

Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC': [img] [img] See Pictures, 'Local Disk E' appears twice at the side, not an issue, but I don't know why any ideas? 40043

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flash drive appears twice