Windows 10: Flash drive not accepted

Discus and support Flash drive not accepted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10, Update Apr 2018. "Backup and Restore Windows 7" will not accept flash drive in addition to CD's. How do I create a system image or repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Don Atkisson, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Flash drive not accepted

Windows 10, Update Apr 2018. "Backup and Restore Windows 7" will not accept flash drive in addition to CD's. How do I create a system image or repair on a flash drive?

:)

Don Atkisson, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 4, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Flash drive not accepted

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Flash drive not accepted

1. Flash drive not accepted - Similar Threads - Flash drive accepted

2. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive: How do you add a flash drive letter like E to the computer? That is all I want to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/e856be9f-3682-4081-8e09-94ea47fbb1dc
  3. Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  4. Flash drive

Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  5. Flash Drives

Flash Drives: Whenever I insert a flash drive into the USB port on my HP I get this message: "you don't have permission to access folder." I click continue and it tells me that I have to go to Security Tab. When I click on the security tab button the screen opens up and there is no...
  6. Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash Drives: Whenever I insert a flash drive into the USB port on my HP I get this message: "you don't have permission to access folder." I click continue and it tells me that I have to go to Security Tab. When I click on the security tab button the screen opens up and there is no...
  7. Flash drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash drives: I download movies and music videos. I copy and paste them into flash drives. All the downloads come from the same source. When I send to the flash drives only some copy. Some don't. What gets copied is an icon that has nothing in it. It does however have the amount of MBs...
  8. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive: I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have...
  9. flash drive

flash drive: Hi All, Im new to this site so hope you will bear with me.Im coming up to 75 years this month so please be gentle with me. My problem is trhat I cant see my flash drive G in explorer files. I dropped a clanger by trying to put it on desktop cos i thought it may be quicker....
  10. flash drive

flash drive: New Corsair Cruzer Glide 64gb shows win10 desktop when plugged in but not what to do with it. I would like to clone / image win 10 to this drive , any suggestions? 77720