Windows 10: Flash drive not being detected.

Discus and support Flash drive not being detected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something strange is going on. I plugged in my sd card with an sd card reader and it is also been corrupted, both the SP flash drive and the sd card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

Flash drive not being detected.

Something strange is going on. I plugged in my sd card with an sd card reader and it is also been corrupted, both the SP flash drive and the sd card have plugged in over the last few weeks.

The sd card returns with error: F:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Running chkdsk on it returns that the card/drive is in RAW format and cannot be scanned. I'm running it through EaseUS data recovery and it appears to be recovering most of the files...

Why two cards have become corrupted now makes me wonder what has caused this...

I came across the SP USB Flash Drive Recovery Software also before you mentioned it and it was not able to restore the flash drive...

Kol12, Jul 26, 2017
  2. Kol12 Win User

I'll need to pay EaseUS $80 to get all of the sd card data back, are there any other options? I will try Piriform Recuva.

The data seems in good condition, again it's the partition that's corrupt. Is it still possible to restore the readability of this sd card?

Kol12, Jul 26, 2017
  3. Kol12 Win User
    I found some amazing (free!) software called Testdisk: TestDisk - Partition Recovery and File Undelete

I have used it before but forgot I had it. I was able to recover the lost partitions and restore the MBR of the SD card and it is now working just as before with all data preserved in original location, yay *Party

Will be working on the Silicon Power flash drive next...

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Flash drive not being detected.

1. Flash drive not being detected. - Similar Threads - Flash drive being

2. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  3. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  4. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 8GB Flash drive detected as a RAW Flash Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8GB Flash drive detected as a RAW Flash Drive.: Hello, so I need help, and it's very hard, so if there's a master at this, try to help me. Anyway, I need help, and somehow when I plug in my red flash drive, which is an 8 gig one, it shows up and it says that directory B: is not found. I tried to check it out in disc...
  6. 8GB Flash drive detected as a RAW Flash Drive.

8GB Flash drive detected as a RAW Flash Drive.: Hello, so I need help, and it's very hard, so if there's a master at this, try to help me. Anyway, I need help, and somehow when I plug in my red flash drive, which is an 8 gig one, it shows up and it says that directory B: is not found. I tried to check it out in disc...
  7. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  8. Flash drive/usb not detected

Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  9. Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.: The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage. I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state...
  10. Recovery Drive not being detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive not being detected: I'm having to reinstall windows on my PC, but I've been having endless issues with the recovery USB. At first, it worked fine, but the drive I wanted to install to was GPT. So, I turned the computer off, removed the drive, and reformatted it on another computer to MBT. When I...