Windows 10: Flash Drive Not Recognized

Discus and support Flash Drive Not Recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After using my 128-GB Sandisk flash drive to put files back on my Mac, my Windows computer no longer recognizes it, but the Mac can still recognize it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WindowsUser1985, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Flash Drive Not Recognized

After using my 128-GB Sandisk flash drive to put files back on my Mac, my Windows computer no longer recognizes it, but the Mac can still recognize it and all the data. Formatting it does not solve the problem. Windows does not recognize the drive at all, and I don't even see it in Device Manager of Disk Management, which usually resolve this problem. The drive lights up when I put it in the USB port, but it doesn't trigger that little sound you get when you insert a drive. Does anyone have any solutions?

:)

WindowsUser1985, Apr 26, 2020
  2. PhilW Win User

OS doesn't recognize USB flash drives (KB4056892)

Just completed Win10 update KB4056892 on my Sony laptop, now running v.1709, build 16299.125. Almost everything is fine except the system no longer recognizes USB flash drives. When a flash drive (USB2 or 3) is inserted in a port the Device Manager recognizes it as "Other Devices", lists what it is (for example "TOSHIBA TransMemory USB Device") but says under Properties: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device." When I try to update the driver, the Update Drivers feature says "Windows could not find drivers for your device." Device Manager shows no problems under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

I know the drivers for flash drives are somewhere in the system because I have used these ports and flash drives many times prior to KB4056892, but I don't know where they are or how to tell the OS where they are. Suggestions would be appreciated.

PhilW, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    flash drive data

Hi,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Have you tried to connect this flash drive to other computer to check if the files are shown?
    • Have you received any specific error codes when you connect this flash drive on your computer?
    • Have you tried to use different ports on your computer to see if it will recognize it properly?
    • Can you tell us what other steps have you already been taken to resolve this issue?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Flash Drive Not Recognized

new windows 10 does not recognize any of the 5 external port drives

Hi Linda,

Yes a lot of options have changed in Windows 10. My computer is now This PC. To access This PC click on start and click on File explorer on the left hand side click on This PC.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Is your flash drive recognized by Device Manager?

Follow the Steps below to check if Device Manager is recognizing Flash drive.

• Right click on Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Double click Universal Serial Bus Controller; look for flash drive.

If you flash drive is recognized by Device Manager then you can perform the next step.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the link below to know more about Start menu. Also refer the other links for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-see-whats-on-the-menu

Do let us know if you are able to access flash drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Flash Drive Not Recognized

1. Flash Drive Not Recognized - Similar Threads - Flash Drive Recognized

2. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  3. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  4. flash drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash drive not recognized: Drive less month old...would put movie files on it then plug into my tv to stream...one time was transferring data to the drive got this error message in this picture....and other picture drive F.....
  5. PC not recognizing my flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not recognizing my flash drive: It shows that it is there and it says it is working but when I click on the symbol for my flash drive it says “please insert disk”. submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbg70w/pc_not_recognizing_my_flash_drive/
  6. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  7. External drive or flash driver not recognized

External drive or flash driver not recognized: So I want to reinstall windows due to more problems that I have and now I can't even connect a flash drive to save 30gb of my files safely before erasing everything because I also want to erase all the data on it. So I connect the flash driver to a usb portno whatter which...
  8. win10 does not recognize a usb flash drive

win10 does not recognize a usb flash drive: why does win10 not recognize my usb flash drive anymore ( I cannot save copied files in my usb portable flash device) ?? thanks R. 10/9/2018 10.20 PM EST...
  9. Windows 10 won't recognize flash drive

Windows 10 won't recognize flash drive: Hi I formatted my flash drive with HD low level format tool and now Windows can't see it it knows it is there but it doesn't show up I want to format it again to fat 32 but I can't thanks. 95475
  10. Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not: My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops &...