Windows 10: Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!!

Discus and support Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear community, I have a 32 GB SanDisk Ultra Flair USB 3.0 flash drive and am using a Dell Inspiron 5379 with Windows 10 and experience an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Siddhartha Rajeev, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!!

Dear community,

I have a 32 GB SanDisk Ultra Flair USB 3.0 flash drive and am using a Dell Inspiron 5379

with Windows 10 and experience an issue that has newly and surprisingly cropped up.

I was using my flash drive as usual (as I have been doing for the past few months) and suddenly when I am transferring a

3.8 GB folder, it stops at around 50% - 60%, warning that a particular file has not been found. Then, the pinging noise of the

USB disconnecting and connecting continues until I pull out the flash drive with no choice.

The files are NOT corrupted, as I have checked this with another flash drive.

I have read forums discussing power settings and suspended USBs and changed the automatic USB power saving to 'disabled'.

I have tried reformatting the flash drive both with FAT32 and NTFS, yet there is no solution yet.

I have tried the flash drive with another computer and the same problem. This confirms that the flash drive is the problematic bit.

I have additionally tried with USB 2.0 ports on the same laptop and they however, DO function properly with this flash drive.

Can someone please help. Why would the perfectly working flash drive suddenly show such an error?

:)

Siddhartha Rajeev, Jan 10, 2019
  2. GaryBetty Win User

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Jan 10, 2019
  3. little cat, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!!

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my device, I got a notice to reconnect my device I don.t know how please help

marydonato, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!!

1. Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!! - Similar Threads - Flash Drive repeatedly

2. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  3. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  4. windows is disconnected, reconnect the drive message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows is disconnected, reconnect the drive message: i noticed that my downloads had gone, checked the file history and they are there. when i click 0n the restore button though i get a box come up saying windows e:\ is disconnected. reconnect the drive. also, windows drive is not connected to the pc comes up when i tap on an...
  5. windows is disconnected, reconnect the drive message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows is disconnected, reconnect the drive message: i noticed that my downloads had gone, checked the file history and they are there. when i click 0n the restore button though i get a box come up saying windows e:\ is disconnected. reconnect the drive. also, windows drive is not connected to the pc comes up when i tap on an...
  6. windows is disconnected, reconnect the drive message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  8. Single Drive Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single Drive Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Hello! I have a drive that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. It used to do it once every week, then once every day, and now, once every hour, and the speed of disconnection is increasing. It a Seagate 4TB Backup Plus Desktop Drive. I'm using windows 10 Pro Specs: Windows...
  9. wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects

wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects: hi ! the question is in the title ! best regards ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-disconnects-and/04a11209-a950-4c27-9668-2fd4d083b040
  10. How to reconnect disconnected network drives

How to reconnect disconnected network drives: I have an Epson XP-850 printer which used to show 2 network drives in Explorer: USB storage (I think this is where it stores printing jobs) with drive letter Y, and the card reader with drive letter Z. The card reader is now missing entirely, and drive Y has a red cross in...