Windows 10: Flash Drive status labeled as "No Media"

Discus and support Flash Drive status labeled as "No Media" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had a flash drive that I used quite often. That is, until it wouldn't show up in the file explorer anymore. Recently I decided to plug it back in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nelson Alex, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Flash Drive status labeled as "No Media"

I've had a flash drive that I used quite often. That is, until it wouldn't show up in the file explorer anymore. Recently I decided to plug it back in to see if it is truely dead or not. It wouldn't show up again, so I went into disk management, and it said that it was there, but was labeled as "No Media". My final option to see if this was true was to use diskpart. In diskpart, it said the same thing. The status was "No Media". Is there any way to fix this? I would love to get my flash drive working again.

Flash Drive status labeled as "No Media" ad2897d0-cb6b-4714-ab86-2a27bd6f84b5?upload=true.png

:)

Nelson Alex, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

3. Sher Amo Win User
    EXTERNAL AND FLASH DRIVE WONT SHOW DRIVE NAMES ON WINDOWS 10

Hi,

By default, Windows will recognize an external hard drive or a flash drive as “Local Disk” if the storage device was not configured and has no label on it. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you may put a label on your storage devices using
    the Disk Management Tool in Computer Management. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button and select Computer
      Management.
    • Under Storage, select Disk Management.
    • Physical drive letters are shown including the partition, right-click on each drive and select
      Properties.
    • Name your storage device or put a label on it.
    • Click Apply.
    • Use File Explorer to view your external devices or flash drive with a label on it.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Flash Drive status labeled as "No Media"

how to resolve nomedia issue of flash drive

Sir

I have 2 flash drives. when I insert them in laptop and try to open them an error occurs that is "insert a disk drive".

when I try to resolve this issue through command prompt I can't do it because the status of my flash drives listed in the list disk command shows no media 0 bytes.

So how can I make the status to online from no media to make them useful

raheelmughalcv, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Flash Drive status labeled as "No Media"

1. Flash Drive status labeled as "No Media" - Similar Threads - Flash Drive status

2. how to USB flash drive installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to USB flash drive installation media: Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-usb-flash-drive-installation-media/41a6beb2-5ea2-44ba-a938-8c094f6c0e35
  3. how to USB flash drive installation media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to USB flash drive installation media: Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-usb-flash-drive-installation-media/41a6beb2-5ea2-44ba-a938-8c094f6c0e35
  4. problem with C: drive label

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with C: drive label: I moved my music folder to my C drive and it has turned my whole C drive into a music folder with the music symbol and whenever I look at any of my files on the C drive it says composing artist and the Music things and I can’t change since when I move it it’s trying to move...
  5. problem with C: drive label

problem with C: drive label: I moved my music folder to my C drive and it has turned my whole C drive into a music folder with the music symbol and whenever I look at any of my files on the C drive it says composing artist and the Music things and I can’t change since when I move it it’s trying to move...
  6. Mismatched drive labels in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mismatched drive labels in windows.: hi,I have two drives:Samsung 980 PRO 2TB - Where Windows 11 is installedSamsung 980 PRO 1TB - There is nothing on this drive, not even partition table.Everywhere in Windows 11 those disks are mislabeled.Ex. Task manager shows label 'NVMe Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB' but all...
  7. Mismatched drive labels in windows.

Mismatched drive labels in windows.: hi,I have two drives:Samsung 980 PRO 2TB - Where Windows 11 is installedSamsung 980 PRO 1TB - There is nothing on this drive, not even partition table.Everywhere in Windows 11 those disks are mislabeled.Ex. Task manager shows label 'NVMe Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB' but all...
  8. bitlocker drive label

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker drive label: My computer upgraded over the weekend and the bitlocker no longer works. It asks for the recovery key which I have but it looking for a desktop drive label that was not the original and is not listed on my microsoft account. None of the bitlocker keys on my account will...
  9. No media status disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No media status disk management: My pen drive is not detected in explorer. So, I opened disk manager to check the issue where I found the disk status to be no media. I even tried it on a different computer but still didn't work. Even tried it on linux and got the same. But when I try to detect it with some...
  10. Flash Drive labeled as "No Media"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash Drive labeled as "No Media": At one point, my 128gb flash drive just suddenly didn't appear and wouldn't work. I recently tried to fix it again, but I couldn't do it. The flash drive is recognized by disk management, but isn't showing up in the file explorer. Also, in the disk management and in diskpart,...