Windows 10: Flash Drive

Discus and support Flash Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardMasterson1, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Flash Drive

I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it."

I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have very important lab results that I must get to my doctor.

I did not save the items on this disc to the cloud, as I prefer to work on documents save them to my PC or thumb to continue work on them offline.

:)

RichardMasterson1, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Flash Drive

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Flash Drive

1. Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Flash Drive

2. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  3. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  4. How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...: I recently purchased The Print Shop Version 6.4 which I was told was the most recent version and was told I had to uninstall The Print Shop Deluxe versions 23 and 23.1. I want to save both apps since I have several years' worth of projects created on both. I have two flash...
  5. How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...

How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...: I recently purchased The Print Shop Version 6.4 which I was told was the most recent version and was told I had to uninstall The Print Shop Deluxe versions 23 and 23.1. I want to save both apps since I have several years' worth of projects created on both. I have two flash...
  6. how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11: how do i turn on ReadyBoost my hp desktop says ReadyBoost can not be used because my desktop is storge fast but its not fast storge is red that means almost full and the USB flash drive is new there was nothing on it how do i fix this problem with ReadyBoost i am trying use a...
  7. how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11

how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11: how do i turn on ReadyBoost my hp desktop says ReadyBoost can not be used because my desktop is storge fast but its not fast storge is red that means almost full and the USB flash drive is new there was nothing on it how do i fix this problem with ReadyBoost i am trying use a...
  8. run ready boost with flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    run ready boost with flash drives: how to run ready boost in windows 11 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-ready-boost-with-flash-drives/e5928730-b103-460e-ac9e-b09f6c778867
  9. run ready boost with flash drives

run ready boost with flash drives: how to run ready boost in windows 11 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-ready-boost-with-flash-drives/e5928730-b103-460e-ac9e-b09f6c778867
  10. My flash drive/ USB says on the label 2TB but when I put it on my computer Windows 10 it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My flash drive/ USB says on the label 2TB but when I put it on my computer Windows 10 it...: My flash drive/ USB says on the label 2TB but when I put it on my computer Windows 10 it says 1.95TB so Microsoft if you are hearing this then please fix it...